A standard-issue TL–12 grav belt looks like a parachute harness with a “stiffener” that runs down the back and has a series of artificial gravity modules around the waist.
The grav belt weighs about 10 kg, but once it is turned on, a neutral control setting eliminates this weight. This configuration provides 300 kg of thrust for four hours between charges. The grav belt has a maximum speed in an atmosphere of 300 kph, a cruising speed of 225 kph, and a nap-of-earth speed of 40 kph.
- Gary L. Thomas. "Traveller Tech Brief." The Travellers' Digest 06 (1986): 53.
- Gary L. Thomas. Grand Census (Digest Group Publications, 1987), 16.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 59.
- Joe Fugate, J. Andrew Keith, Gary L. Thomas. World Builder's Handbook (Digest Group Publications, 1989), .
- Dave Nilsen. Reformation Coalition Equipment Guide (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 10.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Traveller: The New Era (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 335.
- Matthew Sprange. Core Rule Book (Mongoose Publishing, 2016), 113.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Fourth Imperium Vessels and Vehicles dead link by Author & Contributor: Jason Kemp