Standard Battledress Representation
- It is also known as Power Armor.
- Battle Dress (Powered Combat Armor)
- Combat Armor (Non-powered Combat Armor)
- Combat Environment Suit AKA Combat Armor
- Hostile Environment Suits (Hazardous Environment Non-Combat Armor)
Battle dress enhances the strength and senses of individuals wearing it with variable feedback personal controls, servo-powered limbs, and various kinds of electronic assistance. The individual wearing battle dress is effectively doubled in strength and given unlimited endurance (for lifting, carrying, and fighting purposes; not for wounds received) and can also use the suit’s capabilities to surprise the enemy. 
Personal Armor Characteristics
Volume: 125.0 liters. Weight: 100.0 kg. Base Price: Cr200,000.
- TL-13 Standard Battle Dress: An advanced and powerful version of combat armor, battle dress i[s the ultimate form of personal protection. Battle dress is restricted to military use. However, it can also typically be purchased on the black-market of high tech level worlds. Detailed information on battle dress is not available because it is considered highly classified within Imperial military circles. 
- Battle dress is somewhat bulky, but is roughly man-sized. Battle Dress is completely sealed, with a Portable Life Support System to supply breathing air, heat, and cooling for at least six hours. The suit is capable of operation in any environment from high-radiation vacuum to 30.0 atmosphere of pressure, and temperature ranges of -100°C to +100°C. It incorporates a quick sealing system to prevent loss of life support in cases of small punctures. The suit electronics includes a 100.0 km radio communicator, a heads up display integrated into the helmet, and an internal computer to monitor the health of the wearer. Sensor enhancements includes a full Portable radiation imaging system for passive image enhancements.
- The armor provides at least Class-11 protection against Firearms. 
A chameleon surface for battle dress, at an additional cost of Cr1,000 which selectively bleeds heat to match background IR levels and effectively renders the wearer invisible to IR sensors.
Psionic Shielding Option
psionic shielding is available as an option at an additional cost of Cr4,000. Psionic shielding protects the wearer from psionic mind reading and from psionic life sensing.
The earliest attempts at creating power armor in the TL:7-9 epoch produce a variety of performance enhancing man amplifier suits, waldos. powered exoskeletons, and exoframes. Earlier TL:4-6 suits are extremely unwieldy and unsuited to the conventional warfare of the time.
By the TL:10-12 epoch, power armor comes closer to reaching its potential with powered hard suits, battlesuits, combat walkers, striders, warsuits, and other smaller forms of walker mecha. Larger walker mecha have a hard time dealing with swift grav tanks, infantry pods, and other gravcraft unless in an environment where gravcraft are excluded.
By the TL:13-15 epoch, true power armor has evolved at the man-sized level, fully enables by Fusion+ power plants, battery back-ups, miniaturized artificial muscles, bonded superdense armor, and high energy plasma weaponry. 
Selected Personal Armor Models
Expected Technological Progression of Power Armor
- Exoskeleton → Battleframe → Battlesuit → Bounce Trooper (Grav Belt) → Battle Dress → Augmented Battle Dress (Power Armor) → Battle Pod