|Ofo-nebus/Khouth (Corridor 0106)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|New Era (1200)|
|Primary||M1 V M0 V|
Ofo-nebus is a poor, nonindustrial hellworld with a population struggling to survive in an inhospitable environment.
- Hellworlds often offer daily, and sometimes even hourly, life-threatening situations to their inhabitants. Survivors often form intense survival skills and tend to be grim realists.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Khouth Subsector of Corridor Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- During the Long Night this world was named Daadir.
- About 90% of the population is composed of baseline humans and other non-human sophonts.
- About 10% of the population is composed of Vargr.
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Ofo-nebus Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Ofo-nebus
Primary Main Sequence 0.4574 2600 - 3500 0.033 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00475 0.01516 0.15 - 0.24 0.475 4.75 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Ofo-nebus
Secondary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
History & Background (Dossier)
Ofo-Nebus has two names because it is two communities: an older Vargr community that has largely died out, and a younger human community that came here after the Vargr Campaigns were over. Unlike Serk (Corridor 0304), however, little of material worth existed on Ofo-Nebus for the two groups to fight over, and the world has mostly been a backwater. In fact the local Vargr community died out in the Rim War period, though the local human community has preserved their houses and cemeteries. Indeed the world looks and feels like a Vargr world more than it does an Imperial one, and some aspects of Vargr culture have rubbed off on the local culture in rather shocking ways.
The Dzarrgh Federate took the world in 1117, but did not accord it much value. The local populace was heavily into smuggling even before the Civil War, and local kingpins paid off corrupt Federate officials to look the other way while they ran the blockade between the Federate and the Domain of Deneb. This trade continued throughout the entire Civil War period, and Denebian intelligence services used it to infiltrate agents throughout Corridor, though it was noted that the people of Ofo-Nebus didn't seem to give a tinkers' damn about anything other than themselves.
History-Era: New Era
The coming of Virus little changed these attitudes, and the world remains a sore spot, as Pack smugglers used the modest starport to stash contraband before attempting to move it past the Quarantine. This practice has partially ended in the face of the demise of Pack groups in neighboring Millions at the hands of the Rose Brotherhood, and the Souk Free Trader Collective has taken over the smugglers quarter of the starport since.