Jask class Destroyer
|Jask class Destroyer|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: DM Destroyer|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr3,899.730 (base) |
|Origin||Association Naval Command|
|Passengers|| 0 High/Med |
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Jask class Destroyer is a warship.
- It is a military ship and a Destroyer.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
It is an streamlined, saucer fitted with fuel scoops for ocean refueling. They are capable of 5Gs of acceleration and the computer's power demands reduces the Agility. They carry enough fuel, internally for a single Jump-2, with a Jump-2 reserve for strategic withdrawal. Despite the massive drives and power plant fitted, which accounts for most of their construction cost, they have some power left over for 3-Agility. They can carry drop tanks with an additional Jump-2 as needed. They are fitted with a pair of Model/5 fib ship computers.
This ship carries a 100 ton particle accelerator bay, a repulsor bay, and two missile bays, five dual plasma turrets, and five sand caster turrets.
They carry three 100 ton Temakurm class Attack Boats.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/5 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
In Service: 2. This design is a product of the TL–11 orbital boatyards of Blass (Halcyon 1333), and represent one of the major security elements of their fleet. This design serves with the Enlightened fleet. These are used to lead the fleet and show the flag. These ships are found protecting the worlds of the Enlightened.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type DM class Medium Destroyer
- Ancona class Destroyer
- Buigoon class Destroyer
- Coleridge class Destroyer
- Dezhdrle class Destroyer
- Enshbasi class Destroyer
- Formaine class Destroyer
- Fusilier class Destroyer
- Gormandoacy class Destroyer
- Hall class Destroyer
- Heng-O Type 22 class Destroyer
- Holdemar class Destroyer
- Hopper class Destroyer
- Jask class Destroyer
- Keawehei class Destroyer
- Kendal Craig class Destroyer
- Kurrigan class Destroyer
- McKenzie class Destroyer
- MolTol class Destroyer
- Oreo class Destroyer
- Pharos class Destroyer
- Rajiv class Destroyer
- Soaring Wing class Destroyer
- Torrel class Destroyer
- Type 052D Yulang III class Destroyer
- Xianghou class Destroyer
- Zhdrbaeliprietl class Destroyer
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science