As'ah class Fleet Tender
|As'ah class Fleet Tender|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: VTF Fleet Tender|
|Also see||Fleet Tender|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr2,618.442 (base) |
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Dispersed Structure Hull|
|Passengers||0 High/Med |
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a Fleet Tender.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
It is a vessel with 1-G and J-2 performance with a unstreamlined dispersed structure hull. The TL–11 hulls carries enough internal fuel for two Range-2 Jumps. It is fitted with Jump-2 drop tanks as needed to cross larger rift zones. They have no wilderness refueling capacity, they must rely on their sub craft to scoop fuel for them. It carries a pair of model/5 fib ship computers. They are capable of 1G acceleration with no agility rating.
- It carries significant armament and a military defensive suite. They are armed with fourteen triple sand caster turrets, a repulsor bay, eight triple pulse laser turrets, eight dual plasma gun turrets, a particle accelerator bay, and a missile bay.
- It ordinarily carries several subcraft, several ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed. It is an inexpensive unstreamlined dispersed hull, and is equipped with one 1,000 dton Ch'kaahi class Battle Rider, four 20 dton Retrieval Boats, twenty 30 dton Sath class Medium Fighters in two squadrons, and ten 3 dton Sath Alliance Grav Tanks. They are equipped to transport two platoons of 40 jump troopers with drop capsules, and a company of Grav Armor.
- It has a 119 sophont crew and 110 marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||6,000 tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Electronics||(2)Model/5 fib ship computers.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||1 x 1,000T Battlerider, 20 x 30T Fighters, 4 x 20T Retreival Boats, 10 x 3T Grav Tanks|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|10.||Cost||MCr2,618.442 (base) |
|11.||Construction Time||152 weeks to build, 122 weeks in quantity.|
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type VTF class Fleet Tender
- As'ah class Fleet Tender
- Aster class Fleet Tender
- Euphrates Rio class Fleet Tender
- Jesel class Fleet Tender
- Last Armada class Fleet Tender
- League class Fleet Tender
- Norland class Fleet Tender
- Plavis class Fleet Tender
- Saeda class Fleet Tender
- Starbelt class Fleet Tender
- Stormbringer class Fleet Tender
- Uthgvoe class Fleet Tender
- Yedidah class Fleet Tender
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science