Alternative FTL Drive
From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
(Redirected from Alternative Interstellar Drive Technologies)
Alternative FTL Drives are interstellar transport technologies.
- The canon Traveller FTL Drives are the Jump Space Drives (the Jump Drive in particular).
- All other FTL transportation methods are Alternate.
Library Data Referral Tree
- Speed of Travel
- Spacecraft Drives (Interplanetary Drives or Impulse Drives)
- Starship Drives (Interstellar Drives)
- N-Drive (NAFAL Drive)
- Jump Space Drives
- Jump Space
- Jump Drive History
- Nth Order Jump Space Drives
- J-Drive - Jump Drive ("0th" Order Jump Space Drive)
- H-Drive - Hop Drive (1st Order Jump Space Drive)
- S-Drive - Skip Drive (2nd Order Jump Space Drive)
- L-Drive - Leap Drive (3rd Order Jump Space Drive)
- B-Drive - Bound Drive (4th Order Jump Space Drive)
- V-Drive - Vault Drive (5th Order Jump Space Drive)
- 6-Drive - Six Drive (6th Order Jump Space Drive)
- 7-Drive - Seven Drive (7th Order Jump Space Drive)
- 8-Drive - Eight Drive (8th Order Jump Space Drive)
- 9-Drive - Nine Drive (9th Order Jump Space Drive)
- Hieronymous Device
- Conjectural Drives
- Alternative Interstellar Drive Technologies
- Alcubierre Drive
- Hyperspace Drive based on entering a different space (AKA Hyperspace) and using conventional propulsion.
- Keyhole Drive
- Singularity Drive
- Space Folding Drive
- StutterDrive is a rapidly pulsed jump drive with the jump taking microseseconds, and the jump distance only a very short distance forward - such as less than a light second. Doing this 100 times a second creates the illusion of rapid FTL movement in normal space, although doppler reflections indicate the object is at rest; thus this is a pseudo movement. Traveller2300 depends exclusively on stutterdrive.
- Teleport Drive in which the ship immediately teleports itself from one point to another, with or without passing through some kind of gate.
- Warp Drive which is based on creating a contraction of space-time around the ship, so that the speed of light can be exceeded.
This classification is based on the 'effect', not on the cause or the scientific theory behind it.
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- T5 Core Rules
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science