'Teleport drive' is an umbrella name for different types of space propulsion encountered in science-fiction.
- Speed of Travel
- Spacecraft Drives (Impulse Drives)
- Starship Drives (Interstellar Drives)
- N-Drive (NAFAL Drive)
- J-Drive (Jump Drive)
- H-Drive (Hop Drive)
- S-Drive (Skip Drive)
- L-Drive (Leap Drive)
- B-Drive (Bound Drive)
- V-Drive (Vault Drive)
- 6-Drive (Six Drive)
- 7-Drive (Seven Drive)
- 8-Drive (Eight Drive)
- 9-Drive (Nine Drive)
- I-Drive (Inertialess Drive)
- Reality Drive
- Alternative FTL Drive
It mainly describes the visual effect that the ships seems to teleport itself instantly from one point to another without delay and without having to follow a route in the normal universe.
Thus type of propulsion includes :
- Wormhole technology : the ship creates a temporary wormhole to the intended destination and crosses through. [two-way transport is possible, from and to anywhere].
- Interstellar Gates : permanent gates enabling to transport the ship from one system to another, built by a civilization (human or other). One gate may enable to travel to a limited number of other gates, or to all the other known gates. It usually requires the coordinates of the destination's gate to input into the departure gate's system. [two-way transport is possible, only between pre-defined destinations].
- 'Singularities', which are similar to gates, but are naturally occurrences of the universe and which only lead to another pre-define point. [two-way transport is possible, but only to one pre-defined destination, not chosen by the civilization].
- Black hole transport, where the ship goes through a black hole and emerges out of a 'white fountain' in another point of space time. In this case, the ship not only moves in space but also in time, eventually even to another parallel universe. [transport only, to an unchosen destination].
FTL Drive Specifications
FTL Drive Specifications (Starship Propulsion) Category Specifications Remarks Name TBD TBD Drive Type TBD TBD Velocity TBD TBD Duration TBD TBD Hazards TBD TBD Physical
TBD TBD Geometry TBD TBD Levels TBD TBD Entry TBD TBD Exit TBD TBD Fuel TBD TBD Resource
TBD TBD Inventor TBD TBD Characteristics TBD TBD
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|