- It is part of Charted Space.
- 1 Astronavigational Codes
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 5 References & Contributors (Sources)
|Altarean Confederation||Pre-Imperial||AltCon||No standard code||None|
|Altarean Confederation||1st Survey (300)||Al||2-ltr code||None|
|Altarean Confederation||2nd Survey (1065)||AlCo||4-ltr code||None|
- The Murians have extensively explored and consolidated this subsector, founding a long-lasting, advanced and well-developed society spanning some twenty-eight systems.
The Altarean Confederation is an interstellar polity populated by the Murians. The Altarean Confederation dates from 859, and is ruled by a council of representatives from its member worlds. There presently exists a joint non-aggression pact between the Altarean Confederation, the Colonnade Province and the Trelyn Domain which includes a non-interference clause as regards non-aligned planets in the Andwella and Coos Subsectors. The Altarean Confederation has often been a stabilizing force between the Zhodani and adjacent Imperial Client States. As a strong interstellar neutral, the Confederation has been credited with calming or preventing many disputes in the coreward subsectors of the Vanguard Reaches Sector.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
The Altarean Confederation is a Confederation characterized by a low degree of governmental centralization that gives a high degree of sovereignty (freedom) to local (planetary) governments and sometimes suffers from a poor ability to create unified policy. The Altarean Confederation government is usually classified as a Confederation.
- An alternate name for the Altarean Confederation is the Arcturan Commonwealth.
Although the Confederation government appears stable, the politics of the individual worlds are somewhat chaotic.
- Murians have a naturally combative nature among themselves. Combine this with their tendency toward individualism and the result is political systems which are highly participatory with frequent government changes.
- Non-popular dictatorships and self-perpetuating oligarchies are almost non-existent. Democracies are the most stable governments. At times, however, the most popular form is government by riot.
Military & Intelligence (Force Projection)
Murian Space Marines are often used for health and safety inspections. They are large, strong and intimidating, and yet gentle and patient. They are adept at sniffing out hidden cargo and smugglers are loath to see them in boarding actions. They deploy from Murian Pride Class Missile Cruisers.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
The capital/s of this polity is/are located in the following location/s:
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Paranoia Press Vanguard Reaches
- Vanguard Reaches 1991 update by Chuck Kallenbach
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science