The Wilds are formerly civilized planets, or worlds, now outside the boundaries of civilization.
This is a fairly generalized and generic term referring to frontier worlds outside the core settled areas of Charted Space.
The term arose during the later stages of the Civil War, referring to worlds between the fronts of the various factions.
- While nominally part of the sphere of control of one faction or another, none of the forces had the spare forces to maintain control and the worlds became essentially independent.
- After the release of the Virus and the Collapse, many in the Regency believed that it was the only remaining civilized area. They reasoned that the Wilds were inhabited by the remains of the former Imperium, but none of them knew what would be encountered in the Wilds. This notion was eventually disproven by contact with or (more often) evidence of other surviving civilized areas, most of them outside the former Imperium.
Worlds & Sectors (Political Astrography)
No information yet available.
World Listing: 1105
The following systems and worlds can be found here:
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller: The New Era Main Rulebook (pg. 90)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Adrian Tymes
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science