- It is a type of civilian vehicle, a train, and a groundcraft.
- It is an element of a world's infrastructure.
A type of transportation network utilizing paired parallel rails. Many different rail sizes and gauges have been developed over the several millennia of Charted Space. Most worlds tend to standardize on a standard size and gauge.
No information yet available.
A train is a form of transport consisting of a series of connected vehicles that generally runs along a prepared path or track to transport cargo or passengers. The word "train" comes from the Old French trahiner, derived from the Latin trahere meaning "to pull" or "to draw."
- Because of the vast variety of forms of transportation that exists within Charted Space, the generic term "train" is used to define two or more linked vehicles operating on a defined guideway in order to transport cargo or passengers between locations. Terms such as railroad, monorail or gravlev are names for specific types of train.
Expected Train Development Sequence
MACRO LEVEL: TL:1-9:
- Network Type: Land Train → Railroad Train → Monorail Train → Funicular Train → Subway Train → Atmospheric Train → Hover Train → Maglev Train → Sky Train
- Motive Power: Steam Locomotive → Cog Locomotive → Light Rail Locomotive → Internal Combustion Locomotive → Diesel Locomotive → Electric Locomotive → High Speed Locomotive
MACRO LEVEL: TL:10-18
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Train. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|