|Lixin/Riter (Iphigenaia 0137)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Lixin is a barren water world with no overt population, government, or law level.
- Its surface is 90% or more covered in an ocean of water.
- Any inhabitants of this world would need to live on the roughly 10% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements.
- This world could be populated if anyone had an inclination to do so...
- It is an unclaimed Non-Aligned world located in the Riter Subsector of Iphigenaia Sector.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Lixin has a solitary primary star.
- It is an orange main sequence.
Lixin Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Lixin
Primary Main Sequence 0.825 4000 - 5000 0.42 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00845 0.05375 0.52 - 0.84 0.845 8.45 Orbit # * * 2 2 7 Remarks None
The worlds of the system have been surveyed. They consist of:
- The mainworld.
- x5 secondary rocky worlds.
- x3 gas giants.
The mainworld orbits within the star's Habitable Zone.
- It lies within the zones prime H region.
- It receives moderate levels of stellar energy.
- The world orbits inside the stars Jump Shadow.
Mainworld Size (S)
Lixin is a Meso World between 8,800km and 10,400km in diameter. The world has a standard gravity between 0.6G and 0.8G. The horizon will appear about 4.4km away.
Mainworld Atmosphere (A)
Lixin has a pressure of 0.71 to 1.49 atmospheres. While a Standard Atmosphere does not require survival gear this atmosphere also contains an unusual taint such as such as disease, a hazardous gas mix, pollutants, or sulfur compounds which requires the use of a Filter Mask. Some taints may require more protective equipment. TL–3 or more advanced survival gear is required to settle this world.
Mainworld Hydrosphere (H)
Lixin has 95-100% of its surface covered by liquid water with only a few islands and archipelagos. Wilderness refueling is possible. Such worlds are Water Worlds or Ocean Worlds.
- The oceans experience powerful tides.
Lixin retains two small vacuum moons.
- The worlds orbit once every few weeks.
Mainworld Geography and Topography
No centrally held map of the world exists within AAB Library Data records.
- Locally, detailed maps may be available.
- Verified updated charts are constantly sought.
- Detailed survey data commands premium prices.
(Placeholder chart, predominantly watery world.)
Primitive aquatic native life. Its metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
History & Background (Dossier)
Lixin is a remote and desolate frontier. Very few intelligent beings have ever have set foot on any of the worlds in the system.
- Information about the system is limited.
- The resources of the system remain untapped.
Officially, the system almost never sees traffic.
- Commo typically only picks up natural background noise and static.
The Aslan may be using the system as a link in a secretive path across the region.
- If they are, their vessels only enter the system very occasionally.
- They likely conduct refueling operations then continue on their way.
Aslan Clan interests may have established an exploration route, seeking to find a safe course into the empty systems of Theron Sector.
- They seem to be moving along the very edge of the Great Rift, using isolated systems and a hidden fuel cache.
- The most likely location for any such fuel cache is considered to be hex 2901 of Waoasi Subsector (Subsector D of Faoheiroi'iyhao Sector).
- If it really exists, the route relies on Jump-5 vessels.
The Clans would likely use any such route to communicate with and supply their explorers, pioneers, and scattered outposts within the region.
- The existence of the route and the fuel cache have not been proven.
A simple map showing the likely Aslan exploration route along the Great Rift and into Theron Sector.
(Chart sourced from Traveller Map).
- Rift regions are shown in blue.
- Known Aslan outposts are ringed in red.
Note that social data, though only 40 years old, may be out of date: previously undocumented groups may now inhabit the system and maintain their own culture, forms of government, and systems of law.
- Verified updated data is constantly sought.
World Starport (St)
Lixin does not have a starport. The Class X Starport is an indication that no starport exists in the system. There are no facilities or services available, and no site marked for landing.
World Technology Level (T)
Lixin possesses a Tech Level of TL–0.
- The world has no technological base.
World Government (G)
Lixin has no government or ruling authority of any kind.
World Law (L)
Lixin has no law level. No laws of any kind are enforced.
- Resources: 6 (few)
- Labor: 0 (unpopulated)
- Infrastructure: 0 (non-existent)
- Efficiency: -5 (extremely poor)
- Importance: -3 (very unimportant)
World Demographics (P)
Lixin is unpopulated.
- Homogeneity: 0 (none)
- Acceptance: 0 (none)
- Strangeness: 0 (none)
- Symbols: 0 (none)
- 300-420: the First Survey charts the system.
- 995-1065: the Second Survey charts the system.
- 1065: the Second Survey is published.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Mark Gelinas. Dark River (Tidewater Traveller Club, 1988), .
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), 50, 51. (sector named, dot map provided locating world)
- Author & Contributor: Jo Grant of CORE (generated data)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com