|Koergfoes/Khouth (Corridor 0205)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|New Era (1200)|
Koergfoes is a poor, nonindustrial world.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- This world has few prospects for economic development.
- This world has a research station engaged in the scientific pursuit of knowledge.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Khouth Subsector of Corridor Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- During the Long Night this world was named Kugi Id, then colonized by the Vargr and renamed Koergfoes.
- Nearly 100% of the population is composed of Vargr.
- Less than 10% of the population is composed of baseline humans and other non-human sophonts.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Point of Interest: Research Station Epsilon (Corridor)
Research Station Epsilon (Corridor) Data Table Name World Sector Primary Project Secondary Project/s Primary Sponsor Secondary Sponsor/s Notes Research Station Epsilon (Corridor) Koergfoes (Kugi Id) Koergfoes (Corridor 0205) Classified Classified Classified Classified None
History & Background (Dossier)
Despite the adverse conditions, these pioneers worked hard to make the world a major agricultural producer. A life working under the hot sun and with unforgiving weather and soil made the locals a hardy and self reliant bunch. This attitude permeated their relations with other Vargr, whom they regarded as toadying and weak.
- Corsairs were not welcome, though it wasn't until the world's annexation by the Third Imperium during the Vargr Campaigns (268) that the world finally enjoyed any peace from the depredations of their neighbors.
- This resistance to Corsair rule ran into the Civil War period. The locals vigorously resisted the advance and control of the Dzarrgh Federate, with acts of sabotage and nonviolent resistance. The Federate hurt its cause by appointing non-charismatic governors to control the world, which stiffened resistance even further. Eventually several local corsair bands began to implicitly assist the locals by "non-performance" of their duties.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
History-Era: New Era
By 1130 the world had almost slipped into anarchy, which is to say that the Federate had almost lost control over local law and order. The Domain of Deneb regularly ran weapons and agents to the world, and it became a leading center of its operations in the region.
- The Denebians pulled out in 1131, and the local resistance slowly disintegrated. A vampire fleet hit the world in 1139, and in the ensuing chaos power was seized by the local Federate garrison commander. Under his leadership safe haven was given to various surviving corsairs, and the population has been reduced to slavery to serve the whims of these offworld Vargr. The descendants of the corsairs have become the ruling class of the world's decimated communities, and life is still hard for the native Vargr. Some advance scouts from the Regency have reached the world, and low level contacts have been initiated with members of the native population to see what options exist in liberating this world.