Kalaron class Assault Scout
|Kalaron class Assault Scout|
|Type: PG Gunned Scout|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr70.913312 (fully equipped)|
|Origin||Union of Garth|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
This vessel is constructed from a standard design plan which uses a time-tested design features. Assembled from largely pre-fabricated kits, commercial shipyards can quickly build these ships. A naval architectural firm produces these plans in four weeks for 1% of the final ship cost. Because these hulls are so standardized and have been in use for so long, a 10% discount is available.
These hulls are familiar and easy to build. With a small down payment these vessels are made available with government backed financing.
This standard hull costs 2 MCr. and 1 MCr. to streamline it.
Drives are installed in the 15 ton engineering section.
It mounts stock A class drives, which in this size hull produce jump 2, 2G acceleration and 2 power ratings. These cost 22 MCr. installed.
The scout has an 85 ton main compartment.
- Bridge: 20 ton standard controls and sensors for 0.5 MCr.
- Computer: model 2 3/6 which is 2 tons and costs 9 MCr.
- Software/Size /Cost (MCr.)
- Jump 1 /1 /0.1
- Jump 2 /2 /0.3
- Navigation /1 /0.4
- Generate /2 /0.8
- Target /1 /1
- Launch /1 /2
- Maneuver /1 /0.1
- Which adds 2.7 MCr. beyond the basic software budget, included with purchase
- Staterooms: There are 3 state rooms at 12 tons, which costs 1.5 MCr.
- Fuel There is 40 tons of fuel carried, enough for one jump 2 and four weeks of maneuver and normal operations.
- Armaments: There is a single hardpoint with one ton of fire control and a triple turret installed. A beam laser, missile launcher and sand caster are mounted. The weapons installed cost 3.1 MCr.
- Ammo: included in the purchase price are 3 standard HE homing missiles and 3 canisters of sand. These cost 0.015 MCr. and 0.0012 MCr. respectively.
- Ship's Vehicles: A 10 ton Kalaron Missile Fighter is carried in the main hanger. The fighter has 6G acceleration and carries a model 1 2/4 computer with target, launch and maneuver/evade 5 software. It mounts three missile launchers and carries 9 standard HE homing missiles (A full reload cost 0.045 MCr.). The fighter, equipped this way, costs 28.395 MCr. and is included in this design's purchase price. When necessary the fighter can be dismounted and cargo loaded into the hanger instead.
- Crew: 3
- Captain/Owner-Pilot: the designated unit commander
- First Mate/Gunner:
- Fighter Pilot:
- Architects Fee: 0.702112 MCr.
- These vessels can be built and delivered in 9 months.