|Primary||F6 V M5 V|
|Army Size (BEs)||1500|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||7,735|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||4,600,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||48,000|
Irash is an industrial world with a tainted atmosphere. The system has a population over one billion. This system serves as the capital for the subsector. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. The world has a colony on Aisha (Empty Quarter 1836). It is a member of Third Imperium in the Udusis Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector and in the Domain of Antares. Irash, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdoms of a count and the Subsector duke. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
Astrography and Planetology
Part of the Irash Cluster.
Binary Solar System
Irash Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Irash
Primary Main Sequence 1.248 6000 - 6700 3.042 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01234 0.14467 1.39 - 2.26 1.234 12.34 Orbit # * 0 4 3 7 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Irash
Secondary Main Sequence 0.331 2000 - 2900 0.007 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00333 0.00694 0.07 - 0.11 0.333 3.33 Orbit # * * * 1 5
History and Background
Although changed considerably with the passage of time, the rigid hereditary caste system that segregates the population of Irash was born of a fusion of Vilani and Hindu cultures, reflecting the disparate heritages of the first settlers to this large world.
- Caste in Irashi culture follows Vilani practice, not Solomani: so it is chosen by the community when you come of age, and is not inherited.
- Irash boasts some of the most impressive temples still standing in the Empty Quarter sector from the era of the Second Imperium.
- Irash is an interesting case. Not so much for her large (but poor) population, as much as for her devotion to Hinduism - especially to vegetarianism and to Mother Cow, as devout Hindus demand. Certain influential advisors from the Two Thousand Worlds have heard of this sensible Solomani religion, and K’kree traders bearing gifts eventually arrived in orbit over Irash. The religious and feudal lords of Irash signed a friendship and trade treaty with the distant Two Thousand Worlds, opening the door to a flood of K’kree goods and assistance, at remarkably low prices.
- Imperial diplomats contact Irash in 62 Imperial. Irash joins the Imperium.
- Irash and Yashodhan (Empty Quarter 2635) established solid trade links during the pre-Dawn era (-200s Imperial).
- The Psionics Institute on Irash is destroyed in 822. Over 24.2 million died in this part of the Psionics Suppressions alone.
- Roughly 60 million Irashi moved to Hebrin (Empty Quarter 1930) near the turn of the 10th Imperial century, with the financial and legal encouragement of the Imperium.
- Although the system was never seriously threatened by Abadani communism, many of the most famous interstellar Abadani intellectuals and activists came from this world.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial count.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial subsector duke.
Irash has a Class C Starport, an average quality installation which includes amenities including unrefined fuel for starships, some brokerage services for passengers and cargo, and a variety of ship provisions. There is a shipyard capable of doing maintenance and other kinds of repair. Ports of this classification generally have only a downport, unless this is a trade port or system with an hostile environment mainworld.
Irashi Hindi • This is the native language of Irash. It is NOT actually a form of Hindi: the misnomer comes from an ignorant tendency to put every East Indian language into the ‘Hindi’ box. In reality, it is a mix of the Oriya language and Old High Vilani, with a bit of Old Anglic seasoning. Iabag: • A minor language of Irash, of perhaps 20 million speakers.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - IRASH 2036 C99799B-A Hi In Bwap0 122 Im
- CT - 1105 - IRASH 2036 C99799B-A Hi In 422 Im
- MT - 1125 - IRASH 2036 C997950-7 Hi In 422 Ou - Outlands
- TNE - 1201 - IRASH 2036 X9979CA-7 Hi In B 422 Wi