Dragonfly class Light Fighter
|Dragonfly class Light Fighter|
The Dragonfly class Light Fighter concept can be a serious military threat when employed with the proper tactics.
|Type: FL Light Fighter|
|Architect||Craig Johnson, Scott Walschlager, Ross Babcock, Jordan Weisman|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon smallcraft design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Flattened Sphere Hull|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Adventure Class Ships Volume 1 15, Poster.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Dragonfly class Light Fighter is a combatant smallcraft.
It is a vessel with 6-G and J-0 performance with a Streamlined Flattened Sphere Hull. The 10-ton Dragonfly fighter is an armored, highly maneuverable, and inexpensive craft that can be deployed on carriers, planetary surfaces, or even onboard small escorts. Although 10-ton fighters an be seen in almost any configuration, the most common is the flattened sphere shape. This allows the craft to be streamlined without adding cost.
- It carries vary light armament and a potent defensive suite. The fighter's missiles can be devastating against an undefended ship and give the fighter a good chance to defeat ships up to 200 tons.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft nor drones.
- It has a 1 sophont crew and 0 marines.
- This is a set of two simple deck plan images from a technical dossier for a Dragonfly class Light Fighter.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||10.0 tons (standard). Streamlined Flattened Sphere Hull.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/2 Flt ship computer. Bridge installed.|
|5.||Hardpoints||x1 hardpoints. One. Provision for one triple weapons mount.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|10.||Cost||MCr16.1 5 standard. MCr12.92 in quantity.|
|11.||Construction Time||6 months singly. 5 months in quantity.|
Comments: Many hundreds of thousands of 10-ton Dragonfly fighters have been built. Most of the craft built recently by the major shipyards have been sold to planetary navies. For less than the cost of an average 400-ton system defense boat, sixty 10-ton light fighters could be purchased.
- Almost any escort is large enought to accommodate at least one fighter.
- An ideal investment to boost system defenses, the 10-ton fighter is very effective against enemy troop transports. Even a few surviving fighters in an enemy controlled system could be a great annoyance to transports.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: The craft is excellent for defense, and can even be used to shuttle passengers.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type FL class Light Fighter
- Dragonfly class Light Fighter
|This article has Metadata|
|The featured ship was originally designed using one of the Classic Traveller ship design rules:|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Jordan Weisman. Adventure Class Ships Volume 1 (FASA, 1982), 15, Poster.
- Several DSL Ironworks Products
- Robert Pearce. Starship Geomorphs (Pearce Design Studio, 2018), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science