Barnard's Star class Missile Boat
|Barnard's Star class Missile Boat|
Used for raiding and not escort duty.
|Type: EEM Missile Boat|
|Hull Configuration||Needle/Wedge Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Architect fee||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Quick Ship Profile||EEM-TBD|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a Missile Boat. They served with the Terran Confederation, in the Terran Confederation Navy.
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries a 20dton Gig as a utility subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a 17 sophont crew and 0 marines.
Barnard's Star class Missile Boats
Often credited with helping win the First Interstellar War, these craft where massed produced. There were 8.5 double occupancy staterooms, for 17 crew which included: pilot, navigator, 11 engineers, medic, 2 gunners, 1 flight crew. They had drop tanks for 28 additional days of power plant operations, and an additional jump 2. These tanks facilitated deep penetration raids.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
EEM-A1266E2-400000-00008-0 MCr. 1,034.609 1,000 Tons Bearing 1 Crew: x17 Batteries 1 TL-11 Cargo: 16 tons Fuel: 260 tons EP: 60 Agility: 5 Craft: x1 20T Gig Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification Architects Fee: MCr 10.346 Cost in Quantity: MCr 827.687
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||1,000 tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/5 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||20 ton Gig|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
A Terran innovation which sacrificed survivability for overwhelming firepower. The armor was just enough to avoid the worst critical internals, and they relied on their speed to break off after attack runs. They were an unpleasant surprise to the provincial governor's Ziru Sirka border enforcement squadrons during the First Interstellar War. Most of these hulls were lost in combat. A few survivors had the missile bay gutted and converted to a cargo hold. These were transferred to fleet logistic support roles. A few found their way into civilian hands after the war.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EEM class Missile Escort
- Admiral Gorshkov class Missile Corvette
- Ballista class Solar Sailor
- Barnard's Star class Missile Boat
- Berghoff class Missile Boat
- Black Rock class Missile Frigate
- C-9 class Missile Corvette
- Jaradin class Missile Corvette
- Kalaron class Missile Sloop
- Kyle Strum class Missile Corvette
- Malory Francis class Missile Corvette
- Richtofen class Missile Corvette
- Silversun class Missile Corvette
- Type 056 Jiangdao class Missile Corvette
- Type ECM class Missile Corvette
- Valor class Missile Corvette
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|