An Arthropodoid or Arthropoid is the typoid classification of creatures exhibiting characteristics similar to Terran Arthropods such as spiders or crustaceans. Arthropodoids an overlapping classification with Crustaceanoid and sometimes considered an esoteric subclassification of Insectoid.
An arthropodoid is distinguished by a number of characteristics:
- Segmented bodies consisting of two or more parts: typically a fused head and thorax (a cephalothorax) and an abdomen.
- An exoskeleton or a hard, shell-like covering on the outside of the body.
- Three or more pairs of jointed appendages referred to as legs. These are typically used for walking.
- Antennae, typically mounting sensory organs.
- An open circulatory system.
Specific Species Examples
|Selected Arthropodoid Species Examples|
|Amindii AKA Grasshoppers||Sophont||None|
|Ashdak Meshukiiba AKA Cow Ant||Proto-Sophont||None|
|Dust Strider||Creature||They are native to Chamois in the Spinward Marches.|
|Horseshoe Crab||Creature||They are native to Terra.|