|Homeworld location||Regina (Spinward Marches 1910)|
|Primary Star||F7 V BD M3 V|
|Reference||"Contact:Amindii." Imperiallines 6 2-9.|
The Amindii of Regina (Spinward Marches 1910) are a Minor Non-Human Race with a semi-humanoid appearance and technologically sophisticated sophonts.
Biology (Physical Sophontology)
The Amindii are bipedal arthropoid sophonts native to the world of Regina (Spinward Marches 1910). Amindii readily serve in civil and military service. They have a significant presence working security at Regina’s starports.
The Amindii developed from herbivore/grazers, and average 2.2 meters in height and 110kg in body mass. The insect-like Amindii tower over most sophonts. Despite looking a bit like big grasshoppers (note that calling one a “grasshopper” won’t insult it), they actually have a skeleton articulated by muscles, covered by a combination of finely scaled skin and larger chitinous plates. Amindii vision is acute, centered on the Green-Blue-Purple range. They have the ability to sense the presence of life and emotion: this serves them well when hunting and tracking prey. Due to their native F class star, the Amindii are highly resistant to ultraviolet and lower-frequency X-ray radiation.
Climate & Ecotope (Environment)
This species holds the following environmental preferences:
- Terrestrial planet
- Temperate climate
- Forest ecotope
- Standard gravity
- Dense atmosphere
Anatomy & Physiology (Phenotype)
Sophontologists studying this species have discovered the following data.
Body Plan (Morphology)
- Bilateral symmetry (2-ial)
- Octopod (8-ped)
- 4 limbs used for manipulation "arms"
- 2 vestigial limbs formerly used for locomotion "legs"
- 2 limbs used for locomotion (biped) "legs"
- Body consists of three segments:
- Head (HBS)
- Thorax (torso) with 2 sets of "arms"
- Abdomen with 2 sets of "legs"
This species has a conventional carbon-water based biochemistry.
This species uses a conventional respiration cycle consisting of:
- Oxygen-nitrogen inhalant
- Carbon dioxide exhalant
Diet & Trophics (Consumption)
This species survives using the following methods of consumption:
- Herbivore/grazer This species favors vegetable and plant-derived foodstuffs.
Gender & Sexuality (Reproduction)
This species has the following reproductive characteristics:
- 3 gender/s (EAB) (Gender ratio: 2e:1a:4b)
- Significant sexual trimorphism
- (sexual reproduction)
- Non-conjugal amplexus
- Polyamorous mating system
- Oviporous birth
- (Semelparous): Uses r-selection and have many offspring that require little time to raise to maturity.
There are three sexes (EAB):
- Because of their control over the mating patterns, Bearers typically wield significant social and political power.
Psychology (Cultural Sophontology)
The Amindii have a culture very much based upon socially-cooperative behaviors and find the rugged individualism of many Imperials to be a little confusing. While they understand it after long exposure to Imperials, few Amindii would choose to practice such folkways in light of what the Amindii see as greater productive efficiency resulting from communal cooperation and coordination. the Amindii are highly social sophonts.
Language (Linguistic Sophontology)
Body language is practically everything with the Amindii. Their speech seems flat and emotionless to those not familiar with it; nuance is typically expressed in posture.
If an Amindii holds its four arms akimbo, one may want to back away slowly. When speaking with Amindii, it is best to keep one’s hands at one’s sides at all times; gesturing wildly will likely offend, and may provoke.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
The Amindii use the Imperial method of feudal confederacy and imperial nobility.
The Amindii have had a long exposure to Humaniti and the Third Imperium and, as such, the native Amindian culture has blended with Imperial folkways. While some differences exist, particularly in communalistic mindsets, Amindii culture is largely compatible with Imperial culture. This is to say that the Amindii are largely integrated into Imperial society.
Calendar & Timekeeping (Chronology)
Other than using a local Reginian clock, the Amindiim by and by, use the chronological systems of the Third Imperium.
This race is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race is:
- Regina (Spinward Marches 1910)
World Listing: 1105
Significant communities of this race are known to dwell within the following systems and worlds:
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Andrea Vallance, Donald McKinney, Gregory P. Lee, James Kundert, Robert Eaglestone. "Contact:Amindii." Imperiallines 6 (2014): 2-9.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 604.
- Marc Miller, Robert Eaglestone, Don McKinney. Worlds and Adventures (Far Future Enterprises, 2019), 243.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Marquis Robject
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Compiler: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science