Creating and Detailing Cultures.
|Publisher||Digest Group Publications|
|Author||Gary L. Thomas|
|Product No. 863|
|Table of Contents|
Looking for Adventure? New cultures? Strange new socities with unusual customs? Travel can be a broadening experience, as long as you go where things are different.
Here, in one book, is all the information that players and fererees need to discover the diversity in the 11,000 worlds of the Imperium. Starting with the basic UWP for a world, Grand Census leads you step-by-step to detailed cultural characteristics, including details of the social structures, government institutions, languages, and technology.
Whether you're a Traveller player or a referee, Grand Census tells what you want to know when you arrive at a new world.
- Cultural Design: Extensive rules, charts, and tables to tell you everything about the cultural characteristics of a world: details of social outlook, types of government, organizational structures, detailed law levels, unusual customs, and intelligent native life.
- Detailed Tech Levels: A complete, official breakdown of tech levels, with different classifications for energy, computers/robotics, communications, medicine, environmental control, transport systems, weapons, and more.
- Cultural Profile Form: The new Imperial Scout Form 22, to record all the cultural details of a world.
- Landing Party Contact Procedures: How contacts with alien civilizations are made. Including new skills for Scout characters.
- High-tech Exploration Equipment: New equipment for Traveller, including the pocket medical scanner and med scanner-computer, a portable neural activity sensor and handset, pocket communicators and commdots, a data-display/recorder headpiece, and high-tech field glasses, with an illustration for every item.
- New Vessels: Illustrated descriptions of the four-man air/raft, the survey G-Carrier, the enclosed two-man G-Tube, the grav bike, and the tech level 15 grav belt.
- Index: Not only is everything you want in Grand Census, but you can find it fast.
Table of Contents
World-building & Colonization
- World Displays (1981), by Ad Astra Products, which provided subsector and world record forms.
- Grand Survey (1986), by Digest Group Publications, which detailed the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service and the Grand Surveys, which allowed detailed physical characteristics and an accurate map of the world. Grand Survey called the UWP, the UPP or Universal Planetary Profile.
- Grand Census (1987), by Digest Group Publications, which detailed world cultural characteristics, including details of the social structures, government institutions, languages, and technology of the UWP.
- World Builder's Handbook (1989), by Digest Group Publications, which detailed how Imperial Scouts survey and explore new worlds including colonization and world mapping techniques.
- World Tamer's Handbook (1994), by Game Designers' Workshop, which brought even more detail to the survey and colonization processes.
- Traveller 5th (2013), by Far Future Enterprises, which further continues the UWP legacy with many new features.
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Credits (Primary Sources)
- Exploring a World
- Gary L. Thomas, Nancy Parker
- Detailing a Culture
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate, J. Andrew Keith, Ed Edwards
- Additional Design
- Gary L. Thomas
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate
- Equipment Designs
- Joe Fugate, Rob Caswell
- Cover Painting
- Joe Fugate
- Interior Illustrations
- Rob Caswell
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|