This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Bryn/Caledon (Reaver's Deep 2417)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||G3 IV M4 V|
Bryn is a preindustrial, moderate population world with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- As a preindustrial world, this planet cannot yet manufacture enough high-technology resources to support a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Caledon Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector in the Domain of Ilelish.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Though not yet classifiable as an "Industrial" world according to the standards generally set down for such planets, Bryn is well on its way towards being a major industrial center of the Imperial frontier. Though small and unattractive physically, economic opportunities of this "boom system" have attracted a large number of new colonists over the course of the past century, and it is anticipated that the next Imperial Grand Census will show the population well over the 1 billion mark required for an "industrial" classification. Current population is estimated at close to 920,000,000 already.
Binary Solar System
Bryn Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Bryn Primary Primary Yellow G3 IV "Elwynd" Bryn Companion Secondary Red M4 V "Elronde"
Primary: Elwynd, spectral class F0V. ICN S4G0807F0V. Mass, 1.7 standard. Stellar diameter, 1.7 standard. Luminosity, 8.1 standard.
Planetary System: Nine major bodies. One inhabited world (Bryn, V). Four gas giants in system. One planetoid belt in system.
V Bryn: Mean orbital radius, 344.08 million kilometers (2.3 AU). Period, 977.1 days. Two satellites. Diameter, 7099 kilometers. Density, 1.0 standard. Mass, 0. 125 standard. Mean surface gravity, 0.5 G. Rotation period: 32 hours, 15 minutes, 56 seconds. Axial inclination 11°44'33.6". Albedo, 0.22. Surface atmospheric pressure, 0. 18 atm. Composition, oxygen-nitrogen mix tainted with various industrial pollutants. Filter mask required to breathe atmosphere. Hydrographic percentage, 63%; composition, water and frozen water-ice. Mean surface temperature, 50°C.
History & Background (Dossier)
The government of Bryn is currently headed up by one Richard Kulagin, son of the popular Life-Tribune Eneri Kulagin, a reform politician who ended the excesses of the megacorporations, including Naasirka, GSbAG, and Instellarms, which for a time dominated planetary industry. The elder Kulagin's reforms won the support of the people, forced government by corporate syndicates to withdraw in favor of government by the will of the people, and put Eneri Kulagin in the newly created Tribuneship, at the head of the planetary government, for the rest of his life.
After the elder Kulagin’s death, his name still had magic on Bryn. His son Richard, a comparatively obscure politician, ran to succeed his father, and was elected overwhelmingly as the new Life-Tribune. Unfortunately Richard Kulagin is not the man his father was. He is commonly referred to as “Deadbrain Dick”, and has proven to be totally inadequate to hold office. However, the extraordinary powers granted with the title Life-Tribune make it unlikely that he will be replaced save by voluntary resignation or an untimely death. There are those on Bryn who are not above arranging for the latter.
However, Richard Kulagin’s office is now receiving the full support of the megacorporations his father once ousted, who find him easily manipulated and highly useful. A consortium of megacorporations and other prominent businesses have been pulling the strings for Kulagin for some time, and would be very disturbed to see their puppet replaced by a less pliable character.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith. Far Traveller 1 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Dale Kemper. Far Traveller 2 (FASA, 1983), TBD.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (named but no further data)
- William H. Keith Jr.. Duneraiders (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Ascent to Anekthor (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (Gamelords, 1984), TBD. (data-generated)
- J. Andrew Keith. Escape (Marischal Adventures, 1987), TBD.
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 16 (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Loren Wiseman. Challenge 54 (Game Designers' Workshop, 1991), 20.
- Kevin Knight. "Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 05 (1994): TBD.
- Kevin Knight. Traveller Chronicle 06 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1994), TBD.
- Kevin Knight. "A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 07 (1995): TBD.
- William H. Keith Jr., J. Andrew Keith. Scam (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Paul Sanders, J. Andrew Keith. Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Steve Jackson, Loren Wiseman. Alien Races 4 (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), TBD.
- Brett Kruger. Into the Deep 4 (BKP, 2011), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Into the Deep #1 Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science