World Builder's Handbook
|World Builder's Handbook|
|Publisher||Digest Group Publications|
|Author||Joe Fugate, J. Andrew Keith, Gary L. Thomas|
|Available from||No (Aftermarket)|
|Product no. 875|
|Table of Contents|
The World Builder's Handbook is a comprehensive guide to surveying and detailing worlds.
Learn how the Imperial Scouts survey and explore new worlds ...
And learn how to build exciting and interesting new worlds of your own with these extensive rules!
Contents include -
- Survey Procedures: Procedures used by the Scouts to survey and explore worlds.
- Survey Equipment: Thirty pages of detailed equipment sheets for players to use on survey and exploration missions. Includes sensors, personal-assist hardware, clothing and protective gear, vehicles, and complete plans of the Donosev Survey Starship used by the Scouts.
- Sensor Readout Panel: Comprehensive sensor readout panel for use with all manner of sensory equipment, from lowly handheld sensors all the way to powerful starship sensor arrays.
- Extensive World Building Section: Detail your worlds to a level of detail you never thought possible. Create new environments with exotic alien cultures. Includes rules for detailing not only Terran-like worlds, but also more unusual locations such as:
- Mapping a World: Guidelines on how to properly map the world you have built.
Table of Contents
World Detail Sheet IFC Survey and Exploration 2 Survey Equipment 17 Survey Vehicles 43 Donosev class Survey Starship 48 Building a World 52 Tables 59 Mapping a World 87 Using World Data 92 World Map Grid IBC
World-building & Colonization
- World Displays (1981), by Ad Astra Products, which provided subsector and world record forms.
- Grand Survey (1986), by Digest Group Publications, which detailed the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service and the Grand Surveys, which allowed detailed physical characteristics and an accurate map of the world. Grand Survey called the UWP, the UPP or Universal Planetary Profile.
- Grand Census (1987), by Digest Group Publications, which detailed world cultural characteristics, including details of the social structures, government institutions, languages, and technology of the UWP.
- World Builder's Handbook (1989), by Digest Group Publications, which detailed how Imperial Scouts survey and explore new worlds including colonization and world mapping techniques.
- World Tamer's Handbook (1994), by Game Designers' Workshop, which brought even more detail to the survey and colonization processes.
- Traveller 5th (2013), by Far Future Enterprises, which further continues the UWP legacy with many new features.
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Credits (Primary Sources)
- Design and Development
- Joe D. Fugate Sr., J. Andrew Keith, Gary L. Thomas
- Additional Design
- Robert Parker, Nancy Parker, James Holden, Rob Caswell, Ed Edwards
- Cover Artwork
- [[A. C. Farley]
- Interior Artwork
- Rob Caswell, Joe D. Fugate Sr.
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|