style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Army Size (BEs)||150|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||177|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||840,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||2,500|
Wochiers system has a population between 10 and 100 million sophonts. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Regina Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Wochiers, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the fiefdom of a viscount. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
Astrography & Planetology
Wochiers is a member of the Spinward Main.
Wochiers Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Wochiers
Primary Main Sequence 1.7 6900 - 7400 8.1 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01582 0.23606 2.26 - 3.69 1.582 15.82 Orbit # * 0 5 4 8
Day Length: 33 hours, 20 mins Orbital Year: 9 years, 32 days, 20 hours
History & Background (Dossier)
Wochiers has a high atmospheric pressure greatly facilitates crystal-growing, which is the planet's main industry. Wochiers crystals are very durable and are used primarily in Imperial warships.
The population lives in the mountains or in underground complexes. By tradition, all visitors to Wochiers must bring an offering of a living plant to the hydroponics caves; suitable plants are available in the starport gift shop.
In addition to the largest city at Wochiers Landing, other major settlements on Wochiers include Rouseau, Ginush, Gagamburg, and Kumaland.
Wochiers has a Class E Starport, a frontier quality installation with few expected amenities. There is unrefined fuel for starships and a limited variety of ship provisions. There is no shipyard of any kind, but there may be parts and technical support for doing minor services and repair. Ports of this classification generally consist of a downport. Wochiers is one of the exceptions. The combination of poor atmosphere and high-gravity made orbital warehousing a cheap option and so the Imperial Starport is there too. Ships should dock at the orbital station and use local shuttle services to get cargo and passengers to the surface. Surface ports are under local jurisdiction.
- (360): Octagon Society establishes a shelter on Wochiers.
- (499): Octagon Society dissolved after financial scandals; most assets sold at auction, remainder transferred to Wochiers (Spinward Marches 2207).
- (872): Lent Publishers of Wochiers (Spinward Marches 2207) publishes a history of the Octagon Society.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 20-21.
- Marc Miller. Twilight's Peak (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 14,46,51.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 38. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 83.
- Hans Rancke-Madsen. "Worlds Within Jump-6 of Regina", JTAS Online (July 18, 2006)
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 103. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 40-45. (UWP only)
- Gareth Hanrahan. Secrets of the Ancients (Mongoose Publishing, 2010), 255.Gareth Hanrahan. Secrets of the Ancients (Mongoose Publishing, 2021), 255.
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com
- ↑ Marc Miller. Fifth Frontier War (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), .