- It is part of Charted Space.
|Polity Astronavigational Codes|
|Doesn't exsist yet.||Pre-Imperial||XXX-XXX||No standard code||None|
|Doesn't exsist yet.||1st Survey (300)||Xx||2-ltr code||None|
|The Dominate||Far past the Second Survey||XxXx||4-ltr code||None|
The Great Dominate of The Gods of Thunder is a interstellar empire in Charted Space controlling over 1,000 worlds. The inhabitants are composed primarily of K'kree and Viral entities in an alliance with each other.
The Great Dominate, also known simply as The Dominate, is what happened when the Virus met the K'kree, and coalesced into a paranoid, murderous empire of fanatical herbivores and machine intelligences bent on the destruction of all other life.
No information yet available.
The Dominate is considered the greatest threat to all other empires in Charted Space as its stated goal is:
- The extermination of all G’naak (which includes all humans, Aslan, and Vargr). Hivers are also slated for extermination due to their interference in past K'Kree affairs.
Government & Politics
Until 1247 The Dominate was led by meta identity Anv!ull’lxux, who ruled in much the same way as traditional K'Kree in alliance with Virus. Since its death at the Second Battle of Gateway, the government is in a state of disorder as various factions, Viral and organic, are scrambling to become the successor. A civil war may be forming.
The total extent of territory is not known. It is known that it dominates Gateway Sector, most of Ley and Star's End sectors, and portions of Glimmerdrift Reaches and Crucis sectors. Many of the worlds are merely subject planets with little production or industry.
Military & Intelligence
The Dominate operated a military consisting of:
- Lucan's martial assets, which were mostly possesed by the Virus to become the first of the Vampire Fleets.
- Much of the rest of the Third Imperium's martial assets, which were mostly possesed by the Virus to become other Vampire Fleets.
- The vast majority of the K'kree military.
- The co-opted and manipulated military forces of organic sophonts known as "Good Life" by the Virus.
- The possessed military assets of hundreds of the smaller polities of Minor Races.
- Newly-awakened Vampires (Robots) and Vampire Fleets (Artificial Intelligence-driven Starships) manufactured by the Virus.
To Rimward, the Dominate continues to make intermittent but vigorous war on the re-emerging Hive Federation while in what used to be Gateway Domain several successor groups are drawing in their forces around important worlds.
Large segments of the Dominate’s forces are uncommitted and either continue their crusade against meat-eaters as best they can or else await the next great leader to arise.
The future of the Dominate is presently not clear. It does remain a significant threat, but one that can be held at bay for now without extreme measures of recent years. If a new overall leader arises, all of Charted Space will once again be under threat of extermination.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|