Homo sapiens khuurissii
|Status||Minor Human Race|
|Homeworld location||Khuur (Ley 3026)|
|Primary Star||F5 V|
|Reference||The Traveller's Handbook 27-28.|
|Also see||Khuur League|
The Sydites of Khuur (Ley 3026) are a technologically developing Minor Human Race with a semi-humanoid appearance.
They are members of a four-armed minor human race believed to have been genetically altered by the Ancients for physical labor. Their polity was known as the Sydymic Empire. Sydites are also known as Sydymites in many parts of the Ley Sector.
Physically Sydites are quite a bit larger than an average human (2-2.5m tall, 130 kg in weight). They have a more brutish and blockier facial structure. Their size and general appearance is not the most striking difference from the standard human form however. Sydites have two sets of arms, the upper pair designed for heavy lifting, the second set designed for fine manipulatory work.
Most tend to solve the problems they encounter by simple, direct means rather than careful planning and finesse. 
Sydites cannot interbreed with other human species or subspecies, as their genetic makeup is very different.
History & Background (Dossier)
Often perceived as big strong brutes without imagination, the Sydites nevertheless controlled an extensive interstellar empire at their height of their power. The Sydymic War two centuries ago saw the Sydymic Empire destroyed by the Third Imperium, forcing the Sydites to rebuild their society and technological infrastructure. Although most Sydites are encountered in the Delta Quadrant of Ley Sector, small enclaves exist throughout the Gateway Domain and surrounding areas.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
Their polity is known as the Khuur League. It has its roots in the Sydymic Empire.
This race is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race is:
Significant communities of this race are known to dwell within the following systems and worlds:
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. The Traveller's Handbook (QuikLink Interactive, 2002), 27-28.
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. Gateway to Destiny (QuikLink Interactive, 2004), 21-22.
- Martin Dougherty. The Sydymic Outworlds (QuikLink Interactive, 2004), 8,10.
- Jason Kemp. "Delta Quadrant of the Empty Quarter Sector." Stellar Reaches 02 (2005): 11.
- Sydymic Empire - Gateway Quadrant Wiki
- Sydymites - Gateway Quadrant Wiki
- Compiler: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- ↑ Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. The Traveller's Handbook (QuikLink Interactive, 2002), 27-28.
- ↑ Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. The Traveller's Handbook (QuikLink Interactive, 2002), 27.
- ↑ Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. Gateway to Destiny (QuikLink Interactive, 2004), 22.