|Santry/Dunea (Core 1736)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||M1 V M6 V|
Santry is a poor, non-agricultural, preindustrial and moderate population desert hellworld with a population of over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts.
- The inhabitants of this world struggle to survive in the life-threatening environment of a desert hellworld.
- This world has no free-standing water.
- The world is a preindustrial one, which cannot produce adequate materials to maintain a modern, star-faring society. These items must be imported at considerable cost.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- This world has few prospects for significant economic development. The inhabitants of this world lead a bleak and constantly challenging existence.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Dunea Subsector of Core Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Santry Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Santry
Primary Main Sequence 0.4574 2600 - 3500 0.033 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00475 0.01516 0.15 - 0.24 0.475 4.75 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Santry
Secondary Main Sequence 0.302 2000 - 2800 0.006 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00297 0.00615 0.06 - 0.1 0.297 2.97 Orbit # * * * 0 5 Remarks
History & Background (Dossier)
Santry was a naval depot during the Rule of Man.
- During the collapse early in the Long Night, a terrorists movement destroyed the base. The naval officers sealed themselves into a deep subterranean bunker within low berths to await aid. By -250 all of the unit except one had failed. The bunker and the last remaining survivor Captain Neva al-Zena was discovered by an archaeological expedition from the civilization which had survived on the planetary surface.
- Once the Captain was revived, she assisted the planetary scientists in decoding and understanding the vast computerized library that was also in the bunker. She led them to re-contact local worlds first with sub-light drives, then with scavenged Jump Drives and finally with revived jump-drive technology.
- Santry quickly became the core of a small pocket empire, but by -75 was beginning to splinter. Conflict with Cordovia had split it into two parts.
- In -7 Santry, afraid of the Cordivian diplomatic contact with the Sylean Federation would place them on a loosing side, launched an attack and captured several border worlds. This started an inconclusive war which dragged until -3 which ended when Santry offered an armistice.
- By 0, with the Santry Naval forces rebuilt, the Santry forces were planning on restarting the war. However, with the deceleration of the Third Imperium, the friendly relations between the Cordivians and the Syleans became a new set of worlds incorporated into the Imperium.
- With access to superior naval ships, the new Imperial Navy quickly overwhelmed the Santry forces. With the Navy forces either destroyed or scattered to the next sector, Santry surrendered and became the next Imperial acquisition.