Regal Ark class Light Fleet Carrier
|Regal Ark class Light Fleet Carrier|
|Type: VL Light Fleet Carrier|
|Hull Configuration||Close Structure Hull|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
MCr 13,245.976 (discounted)
|Quick Ship Profile||VL-TBD|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
A small provincial carrier serving with the 99th Fleet, this class protects imperial naval squadron vessels from fighters and smaller enemy escort vessels in numbered regular combat formations. It is really the size of a light cruiser, and is configured to carry twenty squadrons of light fighters. It is really too small to serve as a true fleet carrier.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The Provincial Carrier is constructed using a 30,000 dTon hull built in a partially streamlined close structure. The ship is equipped with fuel scoops and on board purification. The hull is unarmored and must avoid the line of battle if it is to survive.
- Individual sections of the ship are divided by bulkhead walls. Sections of the ship can be isolated in the event of an emergency.
- The hull includes internal grav plates and inertial compensators. All accessible sections of the hull have basic and extended life support.
The vessel mounts a jump-4 drive, a maneuver-4 drive, and a power plant 6, giving performance of jump-4 and 4G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 2 and an emergency agility of 4. There is fuel tankage of 13,800 dTons, sufficient for a jump 4. The power plant has a four week duration.
- The engineering section has a main control room.
- The jump drive utilises a lanthanum hull grid.
- The jump drive is fitted with a jump governor.
Adjacent to the bridge is a computer model/9 fib: the vessel carries an additional backup computer model/9 fib. All work stations are equipped with dynamically reconfigurable, linked holographic displays. There are 457 staterooms and 6 low berths for the medical bay. Double occupancy accommodations are required for all crew. Cargo capacity amounts to 150 dTons of additional missile battery rounds for more sustained fire missions.
- The vessel is fitted with radio, laser and maser system wide communications equipment, an advanced active and passive EMS sensor arrays, full ECM, and an avionics suite.
The Provincial Carrier requires 909 crew: 15x command, 66x engineering, 112x gunnery, 60x service, and 626x Flight. There are 30 ship board security to resist boarding attempts. The security are sometimes swapped out for fleet marines, and cargo spaces can be converted into additional bunk spaces.
The ship is fitted with 110 triple missile launcher turrets. They are organized into eleven batteries. There are factor 9 nuclear dampers and factor 9 meson screen and each has an emergency back up to fail over to in the event of extensive battle damage. There is a single 100 dton repulsor bay and one hundred and twenty triple beam laser turrets organized into thirty batteries. There are sixty triple sand caster turrets and each fires as an independent battery. The lack of heavy weapons precludes engaging enemy ships of the line. They were originally envisioned without the repulsor bay and the missile turrets. Those were early group one refits and upgrades in the design's service life.
The ship carries four 100 dton Lighters as interface and service craft. These are sometimes swapped out for combat craft. Each Lighter has its own dedicated hangar. There is one 30 dton capacity launch tube for rapid deployment and recovery. Most agree, that it is not sufficient for the number of fighters embarked. Twenty squadrons, each with ten 20dton twin place light fighters assigned, are the main weapon system for this carrier. The lack of heavy fighters has been noted by the local admiralty.
No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type VL class Light Carrier
- Avenger class Escort Carrier
- Bullfrog class Fighter Tender
- Cluster class Light Fleet Carrier
- Collossal class Light Carrier
- Dauntless class Light Carrier
- De Gaulle class Light Carrier
- Fuchuan class Warship Carrier
- Garin class Light Carrier
- Heng-O class Light Carrier
- Hangar class Light Fleet Carrier
- Hybrid Zeno class Light Carrier
- Kosigar class Light Carrier
- Liaoning class Light Carrier
- Nova class Light Carrier
- Regal Ark class Light Fleet Carrier
- Skimkish class Light Carrier
- SLC8 Penetia class Light Carrier
- Vati class Support Carrier
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|