Olyora class Medevac Pinnace
|Olyora class Medevac Pinnace|
One of the primary Medevac Pinnaces in use by the Aslan
|Type: UN Medevac Pinnace|
|Also see||Medical Vessel / Utility Craft|
|Architect||J. Andrew Keith|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon smallcraft design with a Keith illustration.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Flattened Sphere Hull|
|Passengers||24 High/Med 30 Low|
|Reference||Adventure Class Ships Volume 4 13, Poster.|
|Streamlining||Lifting Body Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Olyora class Medevac Pinnace is a noncombatant, medical smallcraft
- It is a civilian ship, a Medical Craft, and a Medevac Pinnace.
- It is a variant of the Yaeai Class Recon Pinnace.
- It is an Aslan built and operated spacecraft.
It is a vessel with 6-G and J-0 performance with a Lifting Body Flattened Sphere Hull. This model is equipped with space for passengers (including a small medical team), low berths for recovered casualties and a Casualty Deck area devoted to treatment of individuals too seriously wounded to await transportation back to the Battle Leader.
- It carries very light armament and a very light defensive suite. The Medevac pinnace is armed, carrying a single fixed-mounted laser and a sandcaster for defense.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a 2 sophont crew and no marines.
- An Olyora class Medevac Pinnace in orbit preparing to render first aid to wounded planetary combatants.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||60.0 tons. Lifting Body Flattened Sphere Hull.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/1 flt ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||7 months to build, 5 months in quantity.|
No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type UN class Medical Smallcraft
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- J. Andrew Keith. Adventure Class Ships Volume 4 (FASA, 1982), 13, Poster. (FASA Book 2)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Jason Mattera
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science