style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Army Size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||1,230|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||5,699|
|Port passengers (annual)||12,000|
Lysen has a tainted, unbreatheable atmosphere and little available surface water. The system has a population between 10,000 and 10 million, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Jewell Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Lysen, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel.
Astrography & Planetology
Lysen maintains the jump-4 route to Efate (Spinward Marches 1705) across the rift.
It is a part of the Jewell Cluster.
Lysen Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Lysen
Primary Main Sequence 0.3942 2300 - 3100 0.02 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00404 0.01179 0.11 - 0.18 0.404 4.04 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
IISS GURPS Astrographics Survey
1307 Lysen (Imperial)
Starport: Class IV - Scout Base.
Diameter: 4,723 miles (7,600 km).
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen tainted by high ultraviolet rays.
Government: Technocracy (the Lysen Consortium).
Control Level: 2.
Tech Level: 9.
World Trade Number: 4.0.
History & Background (Dossier)
Most of the world's population works at or is dependent on the starport and its scout base.
Lysen is defended by a number of Scout Service vessels, including two Azhanti High Lightning-class cruisers, converted to a sublight-only monitor role.
Lysen's technocratic government collapsed amidst a series of major bribery scandals in the 1170s. Several communities seceded, and formed separate nations. The world's downport is itself a sovereign nation, albeit non-aligned with any major factions.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 12-13.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Loren Wiseman. "Traveller News Service." Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 13 (1982): 5.
- Loren Wiseman. "Traveller News Service (revisited)." Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 19 (1984): .
- Timothy B. Brown, J. Andrew Keith. Alien Realms (Game Designers Workshop, 1986), 2.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 37. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 59.
- Hans Rancke-Madsen. "Worlds Within Jump-6 of Regina", JTAS Online (July 18, 2006)
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 99. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 32. (UWP only)
- Robert Eaglestone. "Bestiary: Zaarek’s Bane." Xboat 1 (2019): 13.
- Peter Gray - BARD OPAL 9534
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com