Elysium class Passenger Barge
|Elysium class Passenger Barge|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: WBP Passenger Barge|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon design.|
|Cost|| MCr561.379 (base) |
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers|| 640 High/Med |
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- It is a civilian ship and a Passenger Barge.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
Elysium class Passenger Barge (Type WB class Barge).
- Using a 1,000-ton streamlined cone hull, the Elysium-class is a Passenger Barge. It mounts a maneuver drive-3, power plant-#, and no jump drive, giving a performance of Jump-0 and 3-G acceleration. Fuel tankage for #.0 tons supports the power plant and no Jumps. Adjacent to the bridge is a ship computer Model/3. There are 640 staterooms and 20 low berths.
- The ship has 10 hard points and 0.0 tons allocated to fire control. Installed on the hard points are no standard turrets or armament.
- There are # ship's vehicles: TBD. Cargo capacity is 80.0 tons. The hull is streamlined. There are 3.0 tons of waste space. Special features included are minimal except in deluxe models.
- The ship requires a crew of 34. The ship can carry 640 passengers and 20 low berth passengers. The ship costs MCr561.379 (...including discounts and fees). It takes # months to build and takes # months if built in quantity.
- An Elysium class Passenger Barge in side view.
- A J-2 High Liner class Bulk Freighter transporting a pair of Elysium class Passenger Barges.
General Description & Deck Plans
The Elysium-class was the answer to intrasystem transport, customizable with a variety of amenity, seating, and entertainment options.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||1,000 tons. Streamlined Cone Hull.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/3 ship computer.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
|12.||Comments|| Cargo Hold:
It's a passenger version of the Bluestone class Cargo Barge.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type WB class Barge
- Elysium class Passenger Barge
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science