Xerxes class Armed Packet Ship
|Xerxes class Armed Packet Ship|
The prototypical Armed Packet Ship.
|Type: XUA Armed Packet Ship|
|Also see||Communications Ship|
|Architect||Robert Eaglestone, Randy Dorman|
|EOS||Still in widespread active duty.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 5 Low|
|Reference||T5 Core Rules TBD.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- It is a paramilitary ship and an Armed Packet Ship.
- It was once designated the Type UF class Armed Packet Ship.
- Using a 300-ton streamlined wedge hull, the F-class is an Armed Packet Ship. It mounts a jump drive-3, maneuver drive-3, and power plant-C, giving a performance of Jump-3 and 3-G acceleration. Fuel tankage for 91.0 tons supports the power plant and a Jump-3 (...additional fuel 1.0 tons). Adjacent to the bridge is a ship computer Model/3. There are 17 staterooms, 5 low berths, and a Ship Barracks.
- The ship has 3 hard points and 2 tons allocated to fire control. Installed on the hard points are two triple turrets armed with Missile Turrets and one triple turret armed with beam lasers.
- There is one ship's vehicles: An Air/Raft. Cargo capacity is 6.0 tons. The hull is streamlined. There are three ton of waste space. Special features include a Mail Vault and a Medical Bay.
- The ship requires a crew of 4. The ship can carry 13 passengers and 5 low berth passengers. The ship costs MCr111.885 (...including discounts and fees). It takes 14 months to build and takes 11 months if built in quantity.
- A schematic outline of the Imperial Armed Packet featured on ship recognition playing cards used by Imperial Marines.
- A top down image of the most common Imperial Armed Packet in a common livery.
- A Xerxes-class Armed Packet Ship in nondescript livery.
General Description & Deck Plans
- Deck Plans: Level-1 and Level-2 of a Xerxes-class Armed Packet Ship.
- Deck Plans: Level-3 and turret of a Xerxes-class Armed Packet Ship.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||300 tons. Streamlined Wedge Hull.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/3 ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Subcraft||x1 Air/Raft|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel scoops & Fuel processors|
|11.||Construction Time||14 months to build, 11 months in quantity.|
|12.||Remarks||91.0 tons of fuel (4 weeks operation, J-3).|
No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type XUA class Armed Packet Ship
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: The Revised Armed Packet by Randy Dorman
- EXTERNAL LINK: The Armed Packet by Randy Dorman
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science