|Dingir/Dingir (Solomani Rim 1222)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||K3 V K5 V M2 V|
- This world serves as the sector capital with the considerable extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Dingir Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Way Station.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Trinary Solar System
Dingir Trinary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dingir
Primary Main Sequence 0.672 3600 - 4500 0.216 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00654 0.03855 0.37 - 0.6 0.654 6.54 Orbit # * * 1 2 6 Remarks Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dingir
Secondary Main Sequence 0.57 3300 - 4200 0.08 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00527 0.02346 0.22 - 0.37 0.527 5.27 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dingir
Tertiary Main Sequence 0.4258 2400 - 3300 0.027 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0044 0.01358 0.13 - 0.21 0.44 4.4 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks
1222 Class Dingir (Imperial Sector Capital)
Starport: Class V - Naval Base and Way Station.
Diameter: 10,200 miles (16,300 km). Gravity: 1.42g.
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 12 billion.
Control Level: 5.
Tech Level: 12.
World Trade Number: 6.5.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system is a member of the Imperium and contains both a Naval Base and a Way Station.
- Dingir is the sector capital.
- This world contains the remains of a former military depot.
Dingir holds an important place in human history.
- It has been, in turn, a provincial capital, Aasha Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Aasha Ziru Sirka) base and depot for the Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Ziru Sirka), headquarters for the Terran Confederation Fleet, for a brief time capital of the Rule of Man, capital of the Dingir League, a subsector capital for the Third Imperium, and for the Solomani Confederation, and once again sector capital in the years following the Solomani Rim War.
- Site of the Battle of Dingir.
The Dingir system appeared on the map for the game Imperium. Like several other Imperial systems on that map, the name is Sumerian in origin. The Sumerian word dingir means "god"; its cuneiform sign was used for the word "god" generally, the word for "heaven" (an), the name of the supreme deity identified with the heavens (An), and as a sign (determiner) that the following word was the name of a deity.