Trillion Credit Squadron
|Trillion Credit Squadron|
Classic Traveller Adventure 5
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Author||John Harshman, Marc Miller|
|Product No. 319|
|Table of Contents|
Build giant starship fleets and fight monumental naval battles with Trillion Credit Squadrons. This adventure contains complete instructions for the creation of naval forces within restricted budgets, with situations for several players or just one.
- Contents include Billion Credit Squadron, Trillion Credit Squadron, Tournament rules, and special campaign rules and maps.
- Use of this adventure requires Traveller Book 5, High Guard.
- As a potential location for the adventure, the book introduces the Islands Clusters Campaign, set in sparse sectors within an arm of the Great Rift, and provides history of the colonisation and development of these sub sectors.
Table of Contents
Introduction 5 Designing a Squadron 8 Rules and Rulings 12 Squadron Concepts 17 Paperwork 18 Billion Credit Squadron 28 Trillion Credit Squadron 29 Tournament Trillion Credit Squadron 30 Campaign Rules 31 The Islands Clusters Campaign 40 New Islands Subsector 46 Old Islands Subsector 47
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
Trillion Credit Squadron was used as a test case for artificial intelligence researcher Douglas Lenat's machine learning system Eurisko.
- Lenat programmed the TCS tournament rules into Eurisko, and the system designed a fleet of large, stationary, defenseless, and heavily armed ships. This fleet then won the 1981 TCS national championship tournament at the Origins '81 convention. GDW changed the rules for the following tournament, but Eurisko adapted to the changes and its fleet won the championship again. GDW threatened to cancel the tournament if a Eurisko-designed fleet entered again, and Lenat declined to do so, accepting the title "Grand Admiral" as consolation. Lenat's 1981 fleet design (including 75 Eurisko class Gunships) was printed in JTAS issue #10.
As part of the wiki's ongoing Astrography projects, rules from this publication were used by the Traveller PyRoute program, using the sector data from Traveller Map and the economics rules from GURPS Traveller: Far Trader, GURPS Traveller: Starports, GURPS Traveller: Ground Forces, and Trillion Credit Squadron.
- Please see Category:Sectors with sector economic data for more information.
Credits (Primary Sources)
- John Harshman and Marc Miller
- Useful Suggestions
- John Astell, Frank Chadwick, and Stefan Jones
- Chris Purcell