|Achille/Old Islands (Reft 2324)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|New Era (1200)|| |
|Fourth Imperium (1300)|| |
|Primary||A9 V M0 V|
Achille is an icy, low-population vacuum world, with a population less than 10,000 sophonts in population size, warranting hazardous environment precautions.
- Its surface is ice-capped with little or no atmosphere and nearly all of its water frozen.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the New Islands Subsector of Reft Sector.
Astrography and planetology
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Achille Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Achille Primary Primary White A9 V Achille Companion Secondary Red M0 V
History and background
With the arrival of the Regency forces in 1140, Achille was found to be a Cemetary world, with no remaning population. The cause, whether the continued fighting between the Island cluster powers or a Virus attack, remains unknown. Renamed Mitchell by the Regency Quarantine Service and serves as one of the their local bases. 
References and contributors
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), 12. (map only)
- Barnes Thomas. Trillion Credit Squadron (Mongoose Publishing, 2013), 47.John Harshman, Marc Miller. Trillion Credit Squadron (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 47.
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. "Reft Sector." The Travellers' Digest 20 (1990): 26-28.
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb System Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 57.
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 33,72.
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 165,166.
- Martin Dougherty. Reft Sector (Mongoose Publishing, 2010), .
- The Trillion Credit Squadron campaign - Achille by Alex Tingle
- Old Islands by Peter Gray