GURPS Traveller: Far Trader
Profit and pitfalls among the stars
|Publisher||Steve Jackson Games|
|Author||Steve Daniels, Jim McLean & Christopher Thrash|
|ISBN 1-55634-373-6 Stock # 6066|
The Universe is Your Market
There’s a fortune to be made among the stars - for the intrepid merchant with business savvy, a suspicious mind, and more than a little luck.
Be prepared to meet some of the worst characters in the universe - just pray they’re not your business partners! And remember, “cutthroat competition” isn’t just a colorful catch phrase…
the “independent trader” campaign is one of the most popular among Traveller players. Far Trader is the complete support volume for a mercantile campaign. you can:
- Develop sector-wide trade routes, following the tides of commerce on an interplanetary scale.
- Start your own character-run business, raise capital, and finance your money-making ventures.
- Make contacts, find niche markets, and exploit opportunities the big corporations miss.
- Learn what it takes to run a successful commercial starship.
- Expand your campaign with 15 new character templates.
- Run entire mercantile campaigns, including Free Traders, smugglers and pirates.
So stock your starship, grab your gun, and take to the stars … fortunes don’t come easy!
Meta History & Background
No information yet available.
- Steve Daniels, Jim McLean & Christopher Thrash
- Sean M. Punch
- Douglas Shuler
- Jesse DeGraff, Fredd Gorham, Tom Peters, and Glenn Grant
Table of Contents
Introduction 4 1. The Big Picture 5 2. The Interstellar Economy 10 3. High Finance 41 4. Ships and Shipping 53 5. Characters 79 6. Campaigns and Adventures 104 7. District 268: Trading on the Edge of the Imperium 125 Appendices 136 Index 143