|No. of Worlds||123|
|Majority Control||Third Imperium - 63%|
|Secondary Control||Non-Aligned - 37%|
|Domain||Deneb / Vland|
|Gross Sector Product||BCr781,234|
|Imperial Coordinate||-3 / 0|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Description
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 History and background
- 4 Politics and diplomacy: Milieu 1116
- 5 References and contributors
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Third Imperium||Reft||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
The following languages are among the most commonly used within this astrographic region:
Mains, Branches & Arms
Clusters & Traces
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
Other Astrographic Features
- Aslan Space
- Balkanized Space
- Imperial Space
- Trade Routes
The following subsectors can be found within this sector:
- Subsector A: Vestus
- Subsector B: Macon
- Subsector C: Two Little
- Subsector D: Barker
- Subsector E: Usher
- Subsector F: Sagittarian
- Subsector G: Lost Way
- Subsector H: Gome
- Subsector I: Void 8
- Subsector J: New Islands
- Subsector K: Old Islands
- Subsector L: Limon
- Subsector M: Alone
- Subsector N: Evestin
- Subsector O: Arcrant
- Subsector P: Moibin
History and background
Major historical events timeline
Politics and diplomacy: Milieu 1116
The Reft sector has 123 worlds, of which 94 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the sector is 138 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are 14 High population (Hi) worlds, six Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 63 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 28 Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There are 20 Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus ten Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and 11 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are nine Rich (Ri) worlds versus seven Industrial (In) worlds. There are three Asteroid (As) belts, 11 Desert (De) worlds, eight Garden (Ga) worlds, six Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 20 Poor (Po) worlds, 15 Vacuum (Va) worlds, and five Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are 23 Naval bases in the sector, nine Scout bases, and no Way stations. In Reft there are five race homeworlds. The Imperial nobility includes 86 Knights, nine Baronets, 13 Barons, three Marquises, three Viscounts, six Counts, no Dukes, and two Subsector Dukes. The highest population worlds are Lintl (Reft 0503) and Argus (Reft 2536). The highest tech level is F at Rampart (Reft 3030) and Stock Point 3 (Reft 2636). The average technology level is 9 (with most between 6 and 11).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Vestus is Colony Five (Reft 0707).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Moibin is Cyril (Reft 2738).
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this sector:
- Non-Human Races
Control of Reft is split between two Imperial domains, the Domain of Deneb and the Domain of Vland. Arcrant Subsector, Limon Subsector and Moibin Subsector are administered from the Domain of Vland through Gushemege Sector. The remaining imperial sectors are administered from the Domain of Deneb through the Deneb Sector.
References and contributors
|This article has Metadata|
- John Harshman, Marc Miller. Trillion Credit Squadron (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 40-47.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), 12. (map only)
- Marc Miller. Rebellion Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1988), 26. (map only)
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), 11. (map only)
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. "Reft Sector." The Travellers' Digest 20 (1990): 26-28.
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), 50-51. (map only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb System Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 57.
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 33-34,69-72.
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 28,81-82,164-167.
- Martin Dougherty. Reft Sector (Mongoose Publishing, 2010), 1-136.
- Reft Sector by Peter Gray
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science