|No. of Worlds||123|
|Majority Control||Third Imperium - 63%|
|Secondary Control||Non-Aligned - 37%|
|Domain||Deneb / Ilelish|
|Capital||Cyril (Reft )|
|Gross Sector Product||BCr781,234|
|Imperial Coordinate||-3 / 0|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Meta-History & Background
- 2 Description
- 3 Physical Astrography
- 4 History and background
- 5 Politics and diplomacy: Milieu 1116
- 6 References & Contributors (Sources)
Meta-History & Background
- In 1981, Old Islands and New Islands Subsectors of Reft sector were designed by John Harshman, and appeared in Traveller Adventure 5: Trillion Credit Squadron.
- In 1984, the rest of Reft sector was designed by Marc W. Miller and appears in Atlas of the Imperium (GDW), 1984.
- In 1990, the periodical The Travellers' Digest 20 was published.
- In 1995, The Regency Sourcebook was published.
- In 2008, New Era 1248 Sourcebook 3: Spinward States was published.
- In 2010, Mongoose Traveller: Reft Sector was published.
- This sector was first programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki in 2015. It is in need of updating as of 2018.
- It has been T5 Second Survey reviewed and updated to T5 standards.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Third Imperium||Reft||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
The following languages are among the most commonly used within this astrographic region:
Mains, Branches & Arms
Clusters & Traces
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
Other Astrographic Features
- Aslan Space
- Balkanized Space
- Imperial Space
- Trade Routes
- Subsector A: Vestus Subsector
- Subsector B: Macon Subsector
- Subsector C: Two Little Subsector
- Subsector D: Barker Subsector
- Subsector E: Usher Subsector
- Subsector F: Sagittarian Subsector
- Subsector G: Lost Way Subsector
- Subsector H: Gome Subsector
- Subsector I: Void 8 Subsector
- Subsector J: New Islands Subsector
- Subsector K: Old Islands Subsector
- Subsector L: Limon Subsector
- Subsector M: Alone Subsector
- Subsector N: Evestin Subsector
- Subsector O: Arcrant Subsector
- Subsector P: Moibin Subsector
History and background
Major historical events timeline
Politics and diplomacy: Milieu 1116
The Reft sector has 123 worlds, of which 94 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the sector is 86 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are 14 High population (Hi) worlds, six Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 63 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 28 Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There are 20 Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus ten Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and 11 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are nine Rich (Ri) worlds versus seven Industrial (In) worlds. There are three Asteroid (As) belts, 11 Desert (De) worlds, eight Garden (Ga) worlds, six Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 20 Poor (Po) worlds, 15 Vacuum (Va) worlds, and five Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are 23 Naval bases in the sector, nine Scout bases, and no Way stations. In Reft there are five race homeworlds. The Imperial nobility includes 86 Knights, nine Baronets, 13 Barons, three Marquises, three Viscounts, six Counts, no Dukes, and two Subsector Dukes. The highest population worlds are Lintl (Reft 0503) and Argus (Reft 2536). The highest tech level is F at Rampart (Reft 3030) and Stock Point 3 (Reft 2636). The average technology level is 9 (with most between 6 and 11).
- The Third Imperium subsector capital of Vestus is Colony Five (Reft 0707).
- The Third Imperium subsector capital of Moibin is Cyril (Reft 2738).
Polity Listing: 1105
The Third Imperium, Domain of Vland in Reft has jurisdiction over 50 worlds with a population of 33 billion. The highest population world is Argus (Reft 2536). The highest tech level is F at Rampart (Reft 3030) and Stock Point 3 (Reft 2636). The average technology level is 9 (with most between 6 and 11).
The Third Imperium, Domain of Deneb in Reft has jurisdiction over 36 worlds with a population of 25 billion. The highest population world is Lintl (Reft 0503). The highest tech level is D at Gaspar (Reft 0604), Mukiud (Reft 0701), Evet's World (Reft 0903), and Yvette (Reft 1103). The average technology level is 9 (with most between 6 and 11).
The Non-Aligned Human-dominated worlds in Reft encompasses 35 worlds with a population of 21 billion. The highest population world is Esperanza (Reft 0926). The highest tech level is D at Oleiros (Reft 1204), Schuuni (Reft 2904), and New Home (Reft 1925). The average technology level is 9 (with most between 6 and 11).
The Non-Aligned unclaimed worlds in Reft encompasses one world with a population of 6 billion. The highest population world is Aum-rhar (Reft 1907). The highest tech level is C at Aum-rhar (Reft 1907).
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this sector:
- Non-Human Races
Control of Reft is split between two Imperial domains, the Domain of Deneb and the Domain of Ilelish. Arcrant Subsector, Limon Subsector and Moibin Subsector are administered from the Domain of Ilelish through Verge Sector. The remaining imperial sectors are administered from the Domain of Deneb through the Deneb Sector.
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Library Data (N-Z) (Game Designers Workshop, 1982), 7.
- Barnes Thomas. Trillion Credit Squadron (Mongoose Publishing, 2013), 40-47.John Harshman, Marc Miller. Trillion Credit Squadron (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 40-47.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), 12. (map only)
- Marc Miller. Rebellion Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1988), 26. (map only)
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), 11. (map only)
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. "Reft Sector." The Travellers' Digest 20 (1990): 26-28.
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), 50-51. (map only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb System Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 57.
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 33-34,69-72.
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 28,81-82,164-167.
- Martin Dougherty. Reft Sector (Mongoose Publishing, 2010), 1-136.
- New Traveller: Flatlined
- EXTERNAL LINK: Reft Sector by Peter Gray
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science