New Islands Subsector
|New Islands Subsector|
|No. of Stars||15|
|Majority Control||Non-Aligned - 47%|
|2nd Control||Esperanza - 20%|
|3rd Control||TBD - 33%|
|Map Key||Map Key|
The New Islands Subsector lies in a pocket of stars deep within the Reft Sector.
History and background
Colonized in the second wave of settlement after the European Space Agency Long-range Colony Mission arrived in this sector of the Great Rift, it now boasts four major worlds with substantial populations. The most populous is Esperanza, far to the edge of the cluster, followed by New Colchis, Joyeuse, and Serendip Belt.
Major historical events timeline
Politics and diplomacy: Milieu 1116
New Islands, subsector J of Reft has 15 worlds, of which 8 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the subsector is 18 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are 4 Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus 2 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are 5 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds versus 3 Industrial (In) worlds. There is one Rich (Ri) world versus one Poor (Po) world. There are no Water (Wa) and Ocean (Oc) worlds, 2 Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, one Desert (De) world, one Asteroid (As) belt, and 4 Vacuum (Va) worlds. There are 4 High population (Hi) worlds versus 2 Low population (Lo) worlds and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There are 4 Naval bases in the subsector, no Scout bases, and no Way stations. In New Islands there are 2 race homeworlds. The highest population world is Esperanza (Reft 0926). The highest tech level is C at Serendip Belt (Reft 1323), New Colchis (Reft 1327), and Joyeuse (Reft 1628). The average technology level is 8 (with most between 4 and 11).
Significant populations of the following sophont races exist within this subsector:
References and contributors
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), 12. (map only)
- Barnes Thomas. Trillion Credit Squadron (Mongoose Publishing, 2013), 46.John Harshman, Marc Miller. Trillion Credit Squadron (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 46.
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. "Reft Sector." The Travellers' Digest 20 (1990): 26-28.
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 33,72.
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 164-167.
- Martin Dougherty. Reft Sector (Mongoose Publishing, 2010), TBD.
- New Traveller: Islands in the Rift
- EXTERNAL LINK: The Trillion Credit Squadron campaign - Neubayern by Alex Tingle
- EXTERNAL LINK: Old Islands by Peter Gray
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science