From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
- It is a smaller rift and typically not mentioned except by locals astrographers or starship captains.
It has been the site of several notable ship disappearances over the last half-millennium and has built up a substantial amount of lore associated with them.
- Curious jump-related phenomena have been reported in the rift for centuries, often by reliable witnesses.
- Scouts plying the x-boat rout report events such as receiving radio signals in jump-space to reports of "someone on the hull, trying to get in".
- Some Terran observers have called the Abyss Rift the "Bermuda Triangle" of the Spinward Marches sector.
- Experts have expressed extreme incredulity at these claims.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
Only seven systems lie within the Abyss' boundaries.
- The presence of three Red Zone worlds in the rift is taken as further evidence by locals that the rift is a bad place where strange and awful things happen.
- The worlds are Victoria, Ylavin and Sonthert
- Some believe that the anomaly is centered around astrographic hex coordinates #1917.
World Listing: 1116
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Journal 1
- Periodical: Challenge Issue #44 Operation Flashfire in Article: "Lost Treasure Ships of the Abyss Rift"
- Mongoose Traveller: Spinward Marches
- Mongoose Traveller; Library Data, Mongoose, 2011, Ted Chang; Editor