An Anomaly is an unknown phenomenon or area of space that is not well understood.
- They are a kind of poorly understood astrographic feature.
These mysteries defy the laws of physics and spacetime. Some anomalies increase fuel consumption, cause increased wear on drives, or even cause misjumps. One thing is for sure, any wise starship captain is very careful to pay great attention to anomalies and avoid them when ever possible... expect speculators, risk-takers, and those with the fabled Traveller Gene.
Generalized Astrographic Anomaly Types
Spatial anomalies have been around since sophontdom first ventured into space, and even before that, planetary anomalies existed. They are phenomena of great curiosity for most sophonts and are often subjected to intense study and research. Some can later conclusively be understood, but most seem to persist as poorly understood phenomena.
Selected Anomaly Examples
- Duane Maxwell, Steve Miller, David Wise. Anomalies (Imperium Games, 1997), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Martin Dougherty. Anomalies and Wonders (Mongoose Publishing, 2016), TBD.
- Martin Dougherty. The Great Rift (Mongoose Publishing, 2018), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science