Sidur Ishki (world)
|Sidur Ishki/Laeth (Gushemege 1234)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||M0 V M0 V|
- The surface of this world is ice-capped with nearly all of its water frozen.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- The world serves as the subsector capital with the significant extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Laeth Subsector of Gushemege Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- It is the homeworld of the Sidurii, a sophont species and minor race.
- This world has colonies at:
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Sidur Ishki Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Sidur Ishki
Primary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Sidur Ishki
Secondary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
Native Sophont: Sidurii
The Sidurii are bipeds with four toes (two being much larger and opposed) and with three fingers on each hand (no opposed digit). They have large eyes but have limited color vision.Their small noses are slits over a beak-like mouth.They have no appreciable ears (having a very fine membrane over most of the ear opening) although their hearing is good. Their skin shows the remnants of many small scales which have almost been lost during their evolution. Sidurii are relatively light, mainly as a result of having hollow bones. Their limb muscles are surprisingly strong, particularly their legs, which can give a hefty kick.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Imperial High (Landed Nobility)
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial count.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial subsector duke.
Sidur Ishki has a Class A Starport, an excellent quality installation which includes all the expected amenities including refined fuel for starships, brokerage services for passengers and cargo, and a variety of ship provisions. There is a shipyard capable of doing annual maintenance, overhauls and other kinds of repair, and construction of both starships and non-starships. Most ports of this classification have both a Highport and a Downport.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Meson Communicators and Pseudo Reality Communications.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Miniature super-batteries, improved collectors, and advanced Fusion+.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Sidur Ishki is governed by an Impersonal Bureaucracy. The leadership of the government is another form (democracy, dictatorship, oligarchy), but the bureaucracy dictates government policy and its execution. Government leadership is reduced to little more than figureheads and does not select the bureaucracy leadership or its members.
References and contributors
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|