- It is located in Uncharted Space.
- 1 Details (Specifications)
- 2 Political Astrography
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
The Sha'a Cluster is named for the Sha'a system and its yellow subgiant primary star. It straddles the border between Sarudis and Sath Subsectors in Far Home Sector and is accessible by conventional jump-1 vessels. The cluster has been inhabited for millennia and is home to billions of Sath. It has a rich and complex history and ancient traditions. It lies on the edge of the Great Void.
Other Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- The Cauldron Nebula, lying within Cauldron Sector, some 86 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be seen as a star-studded luminous region in night-time skies from all of the worlds of the Cluster.
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 122 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Cluster.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star lying approximately 15 parsec to spinward-coreward at its closest point, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Cluster even in daylight.
- Manjazar, the red bright giant primary star of the Sarudis system, Manusta, the red giant primary of the Quistil system, and Intens, the white bright giant primary star of the Orret system, all lying along the coreward border of the region, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Cluster. They are beacons marking the way to new frontiers and new opportunities.
The Sha'a Cluster lies within the following Subsectors:
Population: 12.87 billion Sophonts.
No native sophonts are known to have originated within the Sha'a Cluster.
The following languages are the most commonly spoken within the Cluster:
- Asath. A Sath language, the primary language of the Shikh’aa Faction of the Sath Alliance.
- Kha’thak. A Sath language, the primary language of the Ka’sa and Khas'ahi Factions of the Sath Alliance.
The Sha'a Cluster is a part of the Sath Alliance: control of its systems is divided between the powerful Ka’sa Faction and the smaller Khas'ahi Faction. Humans are not welcome within the Alliance: those few humans that venture into its territory are generally met with a hostile reception and are closely monitored at all times.
The Ka’sa and Khas'ahi Factions of the Sath Alliance share a mutual history and language, but neither trusts the other and both maintain large defense forces and powerful garrisons on their worlds. The Ka'sa Faction is focused on internal development, seeking to improve and expand its starport facilities with the aim of manufacturing its own starships. The Khas'ahi Faction is casting longing eyes to coreward, to the rich and poorly defended human worlds of Orret Subsector and beyond, filled with opportunities for the daring and the brave.
- The worlds of the Cluster teem with activity and its ports are lousy with ships.
The Shikh’aa Faction, sitting in splendid isolation in the K'shek Cluster, dislike humans just as much as any Sath. However, they do not support the Ka’sa and Khas'ahi Factions in their efforts to reclaim the stars, regarding their actions as rash and reckless. The Shikh’aa provide exactly that which the treates and agreements demand, but not a dot more. Instead they focus their attention and pour their resources into their activities to trailing.
- Ik'sath is the prime system of the Ka’sa Faction.
- As'ah is the prime system of the Khas'ahi Faction.
Sath detest humans, who they regard as interlopers and thieves who have stolen "their" region of space. Humans have held them back and thwarted every effort that they have made to claim their rightful place among the stars. They have been restricted to the Sha'a Cluster and the K'shek Cluster while humans have seized everything else.
Humans have always been extremely reluctant to provide any jump-2 drives to the Sath. As a consequence the Sath have been dependent on jump-1 designs and have made extensive use of Jump Bridges, the Sch'ikaa and Tiik'sch Waypoints, to connect the two clusters of stars that form the heart of their territories.
The Sath gained the ability to manufacture their own jump-2 drives during the middle years of the 56th century and this advance has opened a whole new era, allowing them to compete on equal terms with humans for the first time in their history. They have begun to flex their muscles and use their new technology, spilling out into human-dominated space.
Major Historical Events
- 2255AD: Humans arrive in the Demon Cluster.
- ca 2350AD: First human-Sath contact.
- 2468AD: The Jacent Incident. Beginning of the Sath Introspective Period.
- 2525AD: First independently produced Sath jump-capable ship.
- ca 2550 AD: First Sch'ikaa Waypoint becomes operational.
- ca 2600 AD: First Tiik'sch Waypoint becomes operational: large-scale settlement of the Sha'a Cluster begins.
- 2657AD: Battle of Jacent.
- 3730AD: Voyagers arrive and devastate the Sector. The Dark Age begins.
- 4549AD: The Voyagers depart and the Dark Age ends.
- 4590AD: The Sath reemerge into space.
- ca 5100AD: Second Sch'ikaa Waypoint becomes operational.
- ca 5100AD: Second Tiik'sch Waypoint becomes operational.
- ca 5450AD: Civil war within the Sath Alliance: the Sath Diaspora.
- ca 5550AD: The Sath technological base advances to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives.
- 5596AD: The Sath occupy the Hell Worlds.
- 5600AD: Data for the Sha'a Cluster is published in the DSP Listing.