Double Fire Program
- This is a program, a kind of computer software.
- It is designed to be used with a Ship’s Computer, although it could be used with other kinds of computers as well.
Offensive programs are intended to allow the use of weapons mounted on a ship to damage or destroy enemy vessels.
- Double fire allows a ship to draw excess power (if available) from the power plant and thus increase the output of laser weaponry. When this program is functioning, a vessel with an adequate power plant can fire a double beam or double pulse with laser weaponry.
- When unmonitored and fired without limit, this program can cause malfunction, overload, or other damage within the power plant, manueauver drive, or associated systems. 
Selected Computer Programs
- Advanced Fire Control Program 
- Double Fire Program 
- Fire Control Program 
- Gunner Program 
- Launch Program 
- Launch Solution Program 
- Multi-target Program 
- Predict Program 
- Select Program 
- Target Program 
- Virtual Gunner Program 
Software within Charted Space is intentionally built to work under a number of different operating systems, different technology levels of computers, and to be extensively toughened for hard use under vacuum if necessary. 
The Software List: The computer software list, available at nearly any software vendor or port, indicates the various programs that are available. It shows space required by a specific program in CPU or storage, its price in MCr, and its title. Also shown is a brief overview of its effects. 
Software Authorship: Various requirements exist for individual characters producing existng or new programs. Such a course can save money, but may have some pitfalls. Program generation is explained elsewhere.