A Data Repository is a special facility designed for the storage of immense amounts of valuable data.
- The IISS classifies any system or world with such a facility as a code Ab or "Data Repository" world.
Library Data Referral Tree
Please see the following AAB Library Data articles for more information:
- C: Cognitive Science / Cybertechnology (Cogno-)
- E: Education in Charted Space
Every race is known to trade in information and store valuable information is centralized locations known as Data Repositories.
- Data Repositories are very often treasure troves of secrets and sensitive data.
- There is no one plan or architectural style for these facilities. In fact, there isn't even a common form of media storage. Storage can range from clay tablets all the way to more technologically advanced Data Crystals and beyond.
- Furthermore, these facilities are not even limited to one kind of environment. They can be located on vacuum-based space stations to terrestrial planets and more...
History & Background (Dossier)
Most data repositories are heavily guarded and anyone who can acquire such information holds great value.
- The Major Race powers and nearly every Pocket Empire would pay dearly for such information.
- The AAB was a very well-known series of data repositories originally created by the Ziru Sirka and treasured by the later Second and Third Imperiums.
Reference (Imperial Data Repository)
The world of Aadkhien (world) or Reference (world) is the Third Imperium's most famous data repository, a world with nearly planet-wide data storage and artifact storage facilities.
- The site of the Prime Base of the IISS, the University of Aadkhien and the Imperial Encyclopediopolis.
- By definition situated at 10,000 parsecs from the galactic core.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
These special facilties are located throughout Charted Space.
- A few races are known to keep especially high numbers of data repositories and these races include:
World Listing: 1105
There are known Data Repositories in the following stellar systems and on the following worlds:
References & Contributors (Sources)
- T5 Core Rules
- Novel: Traveller 5th Edition Agent of the Imperium
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science