- It is an abbreviation for "cybernetic organism."
- C: Cognitive Science / Cybertechnology (Cogno-)
A cyborg is an individual with a significant percentage of computerized electro-mechanical replacement body parts.
The term is generally considered vulgar or slanderous term across much of the Third Imperium.
About 1% of the Imperial population has at least one artificial body part. Most individuals with a high percentage of artificial body parts are current or ex-military personnel. Occasional special agents have deliberately been made into cyborgs, but this is rare.
- Naasirka experience
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Periodical: The Travellers' Digest 12
- Periodical: Third Imperium 04
- Periodical: Third Imperium 05
- Periodical: Third Imperium 06
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science