General Robotics Corporation
The General Robotics Corporation is a large corporation in the Distant Fringe.
Market Ticker Code
This business entity is traded under the following interstellar market code/s:
Market Ticker Code Name Code Type Charter Remarks General Robotics Corporation TBD 4 to 12 alphanumeric character LIC None
General Robotics is considered to be a part of the Defense, Electronics, Communications, and Robotics Business Sector. Its primary area of operations is within the Firstworlds and the coreward parts of Far Home Sector. Its products can be found all across the Distant Fringe.
- CAD, practical design, and tooling.
- Primary logistics.
- Cutting, shaping, and joining materials.
- Precision construction and manufacturing.
- Electronics systems, advanced systems, integration and software.
- Upgrades, retrofitting, conversions and modifications.
- Storage of finished products.
Governance & Organization
General Robotics is governed by a President and a Board of Trustees. It is run by an Executive Vice President, Senior Vice Presidents and Department Directors. It has an extensive Records Department, an Internal Audit Department, a large Legal Department, a Sophont Resources Bureau, a very large Public Relations Office, a Finance Department, and an Internal Security Office.
The head office is located on Tal Varisa, a major commercial and industrial center and the capital of the Firstworlds. As well as the main administrative complexes its headquarters includes a corporate retreat and spa complex, a number of executive villas, and large private estates with associated recreational facilities where business may be undertaken in complete privacy. The company controls a private spaceport facility on the world.
- The company maintains Regional Head Offices, administrative centers, production plants, construction and maintenance facilities, commercial premises and private territory on worlds across the region. These holdings are protected by corporate security.
- Research and Development
- Microsystems Division
- Cybernetics and Medical Services
- Robotics Division
- Android Division
- Military Applications Division
- Primary Logistics Division
- Tang Trust – 39%,
- "Fives" families – 21%
- Private ownership – 20%,
- Younger Stock Investments – 12%,
- Société Bénéfique – 8%.
- Tirell Systems (producing specialist pseudobio robots based on the General Robotics chassis).
Paradyne Systems Ltd. 7% holding.
General Robotics owns fabrication plants, assembly plants, factories and industrial complexes, along with the equipment, machinery, vehicles and technology necessary to maintain operations. It has a corporate fleet of small personnel transport vessels. It has private storage and warehousing facilities at most starports within the Firstworlds and along the trailing part of the Scybrian Run Star Lane. It maintains showrooms and sales offices in many large urban centers. The company holds extensive patents and vigorously pursues those who infringe its rights.
History & Background
The corporation was founded by Emmanuel Tang, a genius entrepeneur, on Tal Varisa during the 49th century.
- Paradyne Systems Ltd (a major manufacturer of computer components and electronic subsystems).
- Samuel & Amsterdam Specialties (specialising in microelectronics).
- Astor Cyber LLC (based on Rysos): specialising in robots and robotic systems.
General Robotics is the premier manufacturer of industrial and service robots within the Distant Fringe. Its Garbage Man series, chunky heavy-lift androids designed to collect refuse and waste from human environments, are a common sight.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This business is best known for frequenting the markets of the following worlds and systems:
Uncharted Space - Distant Fringe:
Facilities Data: 1105
This business is known to host facilities in the following locations:
World Listing: 1105
This business can be found on the following worlds and systems:
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Artist & Contributor: CaveDoctor
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science