- The 204th Fleet is the Numbered Imperial fleet stationed in the Tobia Subsector.
- It is an interstellar navy and fleet organization.
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Background: The Tobia's 204th Fleet is unusual in that it was constructed locally, at the tech level F shipyards orbiting Tobia (Trojan Reach 3215 (A444A55-F)), the subsector capital. Several classes of ships are unique to this subsector's fleet and not found in regular formations, serving in the Spinward Marches for example.
Assault marines are recruited and trained in advanced technology from the vast hordes on Attee (Trojan Reach 3116), Hradus (Trojan Reach 2714) and star men from Tobia man the fleet. Occasionally 203rd Fleet's Cruiser Squadrons assist from the Sindal Subsector. They interface while providing security for the X-boat link to Albe (Trojan Reach 2211) (A540A98-E) and the 201st Fleet, with subtle direction from the Count of Gazulin, organizes joint operations and training. Security for trans-border trade is an economic priority.
The squadron commanders have great latitude in their discretionary operations. No one from the centralized admiralty is watching too closely, as long as the Florian League, Glorious Empire, and the Aslan are kept at bay. Instead of specialized squadrons, while patrolling the outrim void each task force must be self reliant and contain its own; assault, logistics, tanker, cruiser, scout, and battle assets.
Strategy & Doctrine (Operations)
No information yet available.
Rank & Grade (Hierarchy)
No information yet available.
The fleet admiral is a local baron and he personally leads the first squadron. The three other squadron commanders are three of his knights and hold the naval rank of commodore.
Tables of Organization (Organizational Structure)
These are in effect colonial fleet assets which have been brought into the regular fleet structure. The fleet operates from the regular starports in the area, as there are no naval bases in this subsector. Administrative support and headquarters assets are routed in from the four squadron command bases of the 19th Battle Fleet in the Vestus Subsector, of the Reft Sector.
The 204th fleet consists of four squadrons.
- x1 Amazone class Light Cruiser
- x2 Ghent class Medical Frigates
- x3 Gormandoacy class Destroyers
- x1 Grendal class Battleship
- x1 Jolly Green Giant class Tanker
- x1 Legion class Assault Transports (carrying two marine divisions)
- x1 Liaoning class Strike Carrier
- x4 Pathfinder class Fleet Scouts
- x1 Repulse class Heavy Cruiser
- x4 Swift class Fleet Couriers
- x1 Workhorse class Bulk Ordinance Carrier
- 6982nd Imperial Marine Regiment
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
Headquarters Data: 1105
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|