Sable Des Etoiles (world)
From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Sable Des Etoiles/Menorial (Trojan Reach 0504)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||F8 V M4 V|
Sable Des Etoiles is a ring of many small worldlets (planetoids AKA an "asteroid belt"), not capable of retaining an atmosphere or water, and both non-agricultural and preindustrial in nature.
- These worldlets warrant hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- Despite the challenging of living on asteroid colonies, this settlement is at a moderate population status of over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in size.
- The worldlets are, for the most part, unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- These worldlets are working towards being an industrial world but lack adequate resources to do so. Local leaders are diligently working towards the expansion of this settlement's industrial manufacturing capability.
- It is a member of the Strend Cluster in the Menorial Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector.
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Sable Des Etoiles Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Sable Des Etoiles Primary Primary Yellow-White F8 V Sable Des Etoiles Companion Secondary Red M4 V
History & Background (Dossier)
- A Prison World, exile camp, or prison camp for criminals or other exiles is located upon this world in addition to other points of interest.
- It is a member of the Strend Cluster, and is used as a prison.
- The Strend Navy has a security squadron here.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller Leviathan
- Periodical: Classic Traveller Third Imperium Fanzine in Issue 11
- MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dotmap provided)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dotmap provided)
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 20
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Journal 3 in Article: 'Domain of Deneb: Sector Data'
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Journal 4
- Mongoose Traveller: Aslan