Second Empire of Gashikan
In -1646, human worlds uniting against the Vargr formed the Second Empire of Gashikan, whose founding principles focussed on the extermination of the Vargr as a race, on the basis of a perceived threat posed by the Vargr to the very existence of Humaniti. Early efforts to expel the Vargr from Gashikan sector fell short of full success, and Vargr retaliations inflamed fears of the humans in the area. Fear and hatred of the Vargr persisted and became rooted in Gashikan society, and influenced human states to rimward.
The Second Empire of Gashikan, taking advantage of anti-Vargr xenophobia, embarked on a campaign to bring other human planets under its domination, in the guise of offering them protection. Many planets accepted; others who refused were brought into the Empire by force, in a fierce war of unification. Eventually, the Second Empire of Gashikan controlled most of Gashikan sector, much of Trenchan and Mendan sectors, and had minor holdings in Meshan and Gzaekfueg sectors.
History & Background (Dossier)
The Second Empire extensively used biological weapons tailored to Vargr in their campaign to remove their enemy. The Vargr remember this genocide and some Vargr worlds still have holidays to honor the millions who died during these Human-Vargr race wars.
Although the Gashikan Navy continued to operate vigorously against the Vargr, the Race Wars are generally held to have ended in -1000, and the anti-Vargr prejudice, while still dominant, now had the opportunity to die down.
- (-5273): Ziru Sirka founded.
- (-4045 to -2204): First Imperium of the Vilani. Grand Empire of the Stars declared.
- (-3768): The Trenchans Empire formed in -3768.
- (-2219): End of the Interstellar Wars
- (-2204): Fall of the Ziru Sirka.
- (-2204): Rule of Man founded. Second Imperium period starts.
- (-1998): The Empire of Gashikan (1rst) formed in -1998.
- (-1776 to 0): Long Night. Second Imperium period ends in -1776.
- (-1658): Sack of Gashikan, an atrocity known throughout the coreward parts of Charted Space.
- (-1646): The Second Empire of Gashikan formed in -1646.
- (-1483 to -321): The Gashikan Race Wars were a serious of conflicts that occurred in the Vargr Extents between human and Vargr extremists.
- (175 to 191): Julian War
- (1070): The Second Empire of Gashikan is shattered by civil war in 1070.
- (1078): The Third Empire of Gashikan forms in 1078.