|Orcana/Denkard (Gateway 2105)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||G2 V M4 D|
- This is a tidally-locked world, which does not rotate as most planets do. It has one face locked to the gravity source, usually a star, and the other locked away from the gravity source, making for extremely warm weather on one side and cold extremes on the other.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Denkard Subsector of Gateway Sector.
A water world Iying outside the recognized borders of the Hochiken People's Assembly.
Tidally locked to its cool, red dwarf sun, Orcana is a chill planet with large icecaps, its world-girdling ocean kept liquid by currents circulating between the day and night sides, and by the tidal flexing of the planetary crust.
Approximately 90,000 humans live on gigantic, sea-going factory complexes which harvest free-floating mats Ofjimjistisen, or waterweed, and process it for several off-world pharmaceutical companies who buy it for the manufacture of certain broad spectrum antibiotics.
Binary Solar System
- No results
Orcana Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Orcana
Primary Main Sequence 1 5100 - 5900 1 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0093 0.08294 0.8 - 1.3 0.93 9.3 Orbit # * * 3 3 7
History & Background (Dossier)
The sea farmers' traditional independence is now being threatened by their powerful and acquisitive neighbors in the Hochiken People's Assembly. Hochiken ships have long used the system's four gas giants for frontier refueling purposes. They would like to fortify the system and create a large base - including military and industrial facilities - and that means bringing Orcana into the Assembly as a full member.
So far, the farmers have refused even to meet with HPA representatives, and the HPA has threatened to blockade the system in order to prevent cargo vessels from arriving to pick up waterweed cargos. Too small to have its own ship-building program, the Orcana Collective has been hiring mercenaries and armed traders in order to protect their world.
Control of Orcana is vital for the Hochiken Assembly, which needs the world and neighboring Tarkaan (Gateway 2107) to create a Jump-2 route between the two halves of the Assembly's empire.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- T20 QuikLink Interactive Gateway to Destiny
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Journal 4 in Article: 'Gateway Systems'
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com