Geonee Cultural Region
The Geonee are a strong, independent people and resent the intrusion of the Vilani, Solomani, and others. The area desperately desires more autonomy and the central governments of the mighty empires that have subjugated the Geonee have long subjugated these proud, independent peoples.
This independent nature coupled with a very different attitude towards psionics are two of the strongest factors creating rifts between the Geonee and mainstream Imperial culture, if such a thing exists.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
The Geonee Cultural Region is characterized as having a high degree of centralization, which sets uniform policies that direct the entire multi-system state and disregards local (planetary) differences. The Geonee Cultural Region government is usually classified as a Federal Republic, a form of a Unitary State.
The Geonee Cultural Region is rich in Ancient artifacts.
- The Imperium has verified that artifacts have been recovered from Lagna (Massilia 1029) and Shiwonee (Massilia 1430); the Geonee themselves claim that all eight of their worlds were originally inhabited by the "Geonee"; that is, the Ancients.
- One interesting point is that all eight systems and the associated ninth system contain extensive asteroid belts.
- The Geonee claim that these are the remnants of worlds destroyed in the Final War, but most Imperial scientists dispute this, while admitting that the frequency of belts is, statistically speaking, unusually high.
- The Shiwonee system has three asteroid belts; Shiwonee itself is quite active, seismically, with quakes being common and 44 active volcanoes dotting the globe.
Military & Intelligence (Force Projection)
Geonee maintain local constabularies and are garrisoned by the Imperial military.
- The Geonee also maintain a private military known as the Geonee Self Defense Forces.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
The following worlds can be found within this entity: