|Esperanza/New Islands (Reft 0926)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|New Era (1200)|
|Fourth Imperium (1300)|
|Primary||F9 V M2 V|
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- Its economy is rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to rapidly improve barring outside forces.
- This die back world was once settled and developed, but the inhabitants have either died off or left leaving behind the ruins and remnants of their civilization.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the New Islands Subsector of Reft Sector.
- A significant population of Droyne once existed on this world.
- This world has colonies at:
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Esperanza Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Esperanza
Primary Main Sequence 1.092 5500 - 6200 1.668 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01027 0.10712 1.03 - 1.67 1.027 10.27 Orbit # * 0 4 3 7 Remarks None Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Esperanza
Secondary Main Sequence 0.4258 2400 - 3300 0.027 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0044 0.01358 0.13 - 0.21 0.44 4.4 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks None
History & Background (Dossier)
Located on the extreme spinward edge of the Clusters, Esperanza is ruled by a well-entrenched non-charismatic dictatorship which enforces an oppressive political structure. Its tentacles extend to two vassal worlds: Wellington (Reft 0925) and St. Hilaire (Reft 0930). Esperanzan technology (at B) lags behind the other major worlds of the two subsectors. 
Two life-forms of potentially intelligent levels were present in the Clusters when the colonists arrived. One, the Batwings of Esperanza, has subsequently been identified as Droyne; they were eradicated within two hundred years of their arrival, a process Esperanzan historians are strangely reluctant to discuss. 
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|